Olive oil

FCB_Eduardo's profile photo   11/13/2012 3:57 p.m.

The point is that at home it is used to cook.

Example If egg whites or a piece of meat are cooked, it is done with olive oil.

It turns out that my nutriatic told me that it is not good, that it is worse if it is cooked with olive oil than with conventional oil, I have sought information about it, because of course I did not believe it, but I can't find anything.

Someone from here who knows precise information about cooking with olive oil.

FCB_Eduardo's profile photo
FCB_Eduardo
11/13/2012 3:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I look for information and I can't find anywhere bad to cook with her.

FCB_Eduardo
11/29/2012 9:32 p.m.

The truth is that it is a bit weird, you mean olive oil ????????????Come on, the one we use all ... that of a lifetime ....: Shock: ---- is that I don't know what is the difference between the olive and olive tree ..... Isn't it the same?Anyway ...:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2012 3:30 a.m.

I say the same, Prado:-/

If you mean olive oil fcb_eduardo, we have used it for many years .... yes, now they say that sunflower is better for fried frying, that they take less fat and such and such, but I think I don'tIt is more than another of those marketing campaigns.Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/30/2012 4:29 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I imagine that you mean olive oil, according to my dietitian, olive oil told me it is one of the best there is because it is rich in ungoded mono fatty acids is comparable to high sunflower oil-Oleic and avocado oil.
Then there are the Unsaturated Poly fatty acids they contain them, the corn, soybeans, sunflower, nuts and fish.
And on the last step are the saturated fatty acids here would be the coconut oils, palm, copra, the cheeses of animal origin (butter), the margarines of vegetable oils that appear when hydrolyzing said oils, and finally fast food (pizzas, hamburgers, bag potatoes ...).
After all this for a healthy and balanced diet, the ideal would be to consume everything but the unsaturated monkey and the unsaturated poli, saturated fatty acids can be consumed but with more caution the ideal would be ideal once the meso less.
Come on, instead of spreading breakfast toast with margarine butter, olive oil could be used.

Finally they also asked to fry and answer that the best of olive, or the high oleic sunflower could also be used by normal sunflower.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/30/2012 7:57 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Hello!
I use olive and sunflower oil, but in more quantity of olive.Oliva's is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, such as oleic, and sunflower in polyunsaturated water, such as linoleic.I think it is better to consume olive oil because the fats that seed oils have, such as sunflower, we can find them in more food, but not the monounsaturated, which are above all in olives and their oil.
Sometimes use to fry sunflower oil but without reusing it since its boiling point is lower, it burns easier.But well, I think you also have to take it.And in terms of absorption in frying I think there are no differences between one and the other, if we empance or refer we will gain the same.

And I am very funny about the high oleic sunflower oil, that is, they have enriched it with that fatty acid, it would not be better to eat olive oil and that's it?It's like drinking rich milk in omega 3, eating blue fish, nuts, ... you already have to pay double for that milk.All marketing.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
12/02/2012 5:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Well, I always, Oliva's, sunflower for cake or muffins that is softer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/02/2012 7:26 a.m.

The high oleic sunflower oil, I think I remember that they selected the seeds even if I don't know, it is like the pig is the normal and the acorn or the Iberian, the acorn or the Iberian has less saturated fats than the other and this isDue to raising them they have food in one place and water in another and separated by a certain distance, so they eat, they are thirsty and they will drink water and how saturated fats exercise become polysaturated.

Speaking of the "milk" rich in Omega 3, have you set?, according to the same nutritionist, it cannot be called or should be called milk but dairy prepared because milk itself does not have omega 3, so it is not milk.It is like butter without salt , the without salt left over because the butter by definition has no salt.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
12/02/2012 9:28 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Hello everyone,

Eduardo, if your nutritionist told you that olive oil is not good, maybe he said it because of the caloric contribution, but its consumption in moderation is very healthy, for something they call it liquid gold.In Mexico, it is also not difficult to find, the one that is imported from here and from Italy, every day its consumption is increasing ... (I hope it does not upload much :)) You are more than one hundred million inhabitants, and we would stay hereWithout him: D)

In Spain we use it practically for everything, in dressings, sauces, kitchen, and almost all health professionals, recommend it for their magnificent properties.
At breakfast it is very common to prepare a toast (here it is a slice of bread) with oil alone or with tomato, and I assure you that it is delicious ...

Greetings!!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
12/02/2012 4:35 p.m.

Yes, but I told me that cooking was not good, but the truth is that I can't find anything, and I look at this note in recent days, so I will really continue with that oil and if it gets easy here, but it costs 4-5 times more than the conventional corn, but health is priceless.

Is frying food bad for the heart?

Another myth about health and food has just been collapsed.A study by researchers from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) reveals that the consumption of fried foods in olive oil or sunflower is not related to a greater risk of cardiovascular diseases or premature death.The conclusions are published in the British Medical Journal magazine.

For the investigation, Pilar Guallar-Castillón and his colleagues, interviewed 40,757 healthy adults from 29 to 69 years who asked about their culinary customs for 11 years.At that time, they submitted to several questionnaires to know in detail their diet and their way of cooking, specifying in the case of fried foods what oil they used to use.

After assessing their health, the authors found no "association" between fried consumption and a greater risk of coronary heart disease, despite having found a high consumption of fried foods, using olive or sunflower oil as in the rest as in the restof Mediterranean countries.In fact, the authors recognize that the results "would probably not be the same" in another countries where refined oils are used more to fry.

In an editorial attached to the publication of the study, Professor Michael Leitzmann, from the University of Regensburg in Germany, has highlighted how the study dismantles the myth that "frying food is, in general, bad for the heart."However, it specifies that all the components of the meals are "relevant", both the type of food that is fried (if they are vegetables -slopes, eggplants, onions -, meat -chicken, veal -, more caloric foods or foods-Churros, fats-) as the oil used for it.

FCB_Eduardo
12/02/2012 6:57 p.m.

You will have to ask you what it is based to affirm that olive oil is not good.I do not think you find any article where it indicates that its use is detrimental, rather on the contrary.

I think that more than frying food, the dangerous is the abuse of fried by the caloric contribution, especially the rebobes, churros .... Cooking a fillet, fish, or vegetables adding a few drops of oil is very healthy.

Spain would not be the same without its celebrated culinary tradition of "fritanga": d the squid snacks, the chochitos, the paella ... :) It is evident that your nutritionist has not tried our food.

In any case Eduardo, corn oil is also excellent, as is that of sunflower, soy ... Many times the choice lies in the palate of each and the preference that is had for one or the other.In Spain we use olive oil more for cultural roots.

I leave you a link about oils ...

Greetings!!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
12/02/2012 7:44 p.m.

At breakfast it is very common to prepare a toast (here it is a slice of bread) with oil alone or with tomato, and I assure you that it is delicious ...

Here in the United States it is not usual for breakfast, but I make water water by water reading what you put.
I'm going to run.: Mrgreen: :)) :))

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/04/2012 8:58 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

At breakfast it is very common prepare a toast (here is a slice of bread) with oil alone or with tomato,And I assure you that it is delicious ...

Here in the United States it is not usual for breakfast, but I make water water by water reading what you put.
I'm going to run.: mrgreen: :)) :))

:)): D bon appetit nana !!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
12/04/2012 10:56 a.m.

Thanks, I ate them, there were two: Oops: something as simple, as delicious.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/04/2012 12:56 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

It also seems delicious to me ... and Angela ... a delicacy, hehehej ... and if they are from the olive trees of grandfather Alejandro, I don't even tell you: D;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/04/2012 5:25 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I imagine it!:))

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/05/2012 10:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.