Pregnant with high sugar.Right to glucometer?

MFL's profile photo   11/25/2012 1 p.m.

Hello good!I am 6 months pregnant and in the O'Sullivan test it has given me 140. I am at the limit according to my gynecologist (private) and she has told me that no sweets, making a healthy diet ... and that I control myself with a glucometer eachday an hour after eating and that I must always be below 140. My question is whether I have the right to let the SS leave me one and if I have to do to request it.Thank you.

MFL's profile photo
MFL
11/25/2012 1 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think you should go to the SS gynecologist, in case they consider that it is high risk and then that they will take you all the pregnancy by the SS.To give you the glucometer PR LA SS you need some doctor to "prescribe it" where are you from?

tica's profile photo
tica
11/25/2012 2:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I'm from Girona.I have always done everything for the mutual and the subject SS I do not control it ... then I start with the header with the analysis of that sugar test and he will tell me what I have to do?

MFL's profile photo
MFL
11/25/2012 3:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I would do that, I would ask for time with the GP, and if you tell him that you are already going to a private one and that it has been a little altered to the curve, he does not directly give you a glucometer.But still, I would try to go for the SS in case in the end you have to give birth in public hospital to have your history.In addition, at high risk follow -up is very good.I also have private insurance, and all the pregnancy has taken me for the public.

tica's profile photo
tica
11/25/2012 4:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.