FEDE Denunciation of reactive strips

fer's profile photo   12/03/2012 7:20 a.m.

The Spanish Diabetics Federation (FEDE) has denounced in a letter sent to the Minister of Health, Ana Mato, that the drafting of the Technical Prescriptions Relative to the reactive strips for the determination of blood glucose with self -enhancer for diabetics has onlyfollowed economic criteria.

In the opinion of this organization, the centralized purchase of reactive strips for diabetes control is being done from these parameters, which are being put "to the patient's health and quality of life."Therefore, they show their "total disagreement and dismay."

Reactive strips are a "basic" health product so that more than 3,500,000 people with diabetes in Spain can have optimal control of their pathology, they explain from Fede.In addition, they help "avoid health problems derived from poor disease management," they say.

For the president of this agency, Ángel Cabrera, if this decision is not modified "there will be much deeper damage, more collective and not only at the human level, but also economic."Specifically, it indicates that there will be "a reduction in terms of availability of products in the market for patients, an absolute and constant non -observance of the individual needs of people with diabetes and a lack of freedom of choice of the medical professional."

In addition, "innovation entry access limits and obstacles to the renewal of obsolete technologies, which are fundamental to improve the quality of life of people with this pathology," he says.However, one of the most harmful in the opinion of the maximum FEDE representative is the increase in the risk of entry into the company market with "insufficient guarantees of product quality and poor supply capacity."

For all the above, Cabrera believes that patients "should continue to have the same access as the one they have today, in terms of technologies for the measurement of capillary glucose."For him, this fact "does not have to be incompatible with obtaining an improvement in prices, although, in no case, it can be allowed to put health or access to existing products."

fer's profile photo
fer
12/03/2012 7:20 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have a few days trying to locate the specifications of technical and administrative conditions that Fede speaks.

The majority of what I have checked have a large sooo margin that almost any glucometer has a place.

There are 11 euros for each box of 50 reactive strips ... I do not know if those prices are assumed by the current trademarks we have.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2012 12:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here in my pharmacy those that are 11euros are 10 strips, very few for me the truth, they say it is to do the Apaño, because I do not know what apaño ....
For that, it is worth spending 42 and there are 50, but total if you spend ...

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
01/09/2013 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.