Insomnia and other consultations

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/23/2012 1:31 a.m.

First of all wish you a happy Christmas holidays.I have two issues to ask you.
The first is to know if diabetes is a cause of insomnia;I ask it because I have not able to fall asleep beyond 5 in the morning.It is not that it costs me to reconcile the dream but that with just over 5 hours I am totally clear and I no longer sleep throughout the day.
The other question is with the skin, you know if Looryl can produce pemas and skin peaks.I get small eruptions that bite a lot, especially in my legs but also in the elbows and in the belly right in the area where the liver is.
Thank you all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2012 1:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hummm no, diabetes is not a direct cause of insomnia ... although very high or very low values ​​can wake up.
The high values ​​(+300) give you desire to urinate more ... and with an hiccup, it is normal for you to wake up.
At least, in my case, it is always so.

You should consult the doctor, these rashes are not very normal, maybe it is only a mild allergy ... but if you do not consult/solve you can cause serious problems.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2012 2:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On insomnia, I don't think it is related to diabetes if blood glucose is correct.

On the skin, I have had many problems with hives and allergies (and I had never had).Patients with diabetes have a "little" touches the autoimmune system (type 1).Diabetes does not produce urticaria, but like the body it becomes silly with the beta cells of the pancreas you can have other problems (thyroid, celiacy, ...)

tica's profile photo
tica
12/23/2012 3:09 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.