Lantus and analysis

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/01/2013 7:57 a.m.

To the group:
Until a while ago he had been achieving more or less normal measurements, but he wishes everything months ago and I don't get it.And as I go for 50 units of Lantus I would like to know how many units can be reached.

The other question is that on November 2 a glucosylated hemoglobin analysis accused 6.8 (being the maximum 7) and yesterday it gave me 7.5 so the other question is:
What does that result mean since I more or less take care of me?

!!Happy year to the whole group !!

Pedro

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/01/2013 7:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holassssssssss

Insulin you put on the one you need, there is no top.
You would have to look if you break the injection areas, if you increasingly need more insulin by maintaining body weight, one of the causes may be that you click too much in the same area and saturas, the skin does not absorb.

If you click 50 units, I would advise you to do it in 2 punctures, for example 26+24 in different areas.
The subcutaneous tissue is not infinite and has a limited capacity, it is proven that high doses of insulin are lost because the area does not cover that amount of insulin.

The result of glycosilada means that in the last month your glycemia have been higher.
The work you do to control blood glucose may remain the same, that you continue doing well, but you must find the reason for you to upload medium glycemia.

DiabetesForo
01/01/2013 12:23 p.m.

I am getting 100 of Lantus (twice that you) that if I do it in 4 punctures of 25 since it is not advisable to more than 30 in each puncture

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
01/01/2013 2:47 p.m.

First of all happy year

Manolo…Seriously do you get 100 from Lantus?I put on 22 (Levimir) and it seemed a lot.So I understand 2 Levimir units is like 1 of Lantus.A pen then lasts 5 days?Is there no stronger slow insulin so as not to have so many doses?

Quim's profile photo
Quim
01/02/2013 3:15 a.m.

Thank you Owash for your clarifications, very appropriate.
Indeed I always apply in two very defined and not very large areas, around the navel.
And, it will be a coincidence or you are right, lately when the syringe comes, a droplet comes at the tip of the needle.
So much tonight I will change and we'll see.

Cordial Salu2

Pedro

DiabetesForo
01/02/2013 5:17 a.m.

Quim I put 100 from Lantus at night, 12 at breakfast -comida and Apidra DinGlucose are around 100, I also take two metformin pills

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
01/03/2013 4:36 a.m.

To avoid insulin droplet at the point of the needle when you have click, have the needle stuck at least 20 seconds so that all the insulin is among the good

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
01/03/2013 4:40 a.m.

It is normal that an insulin droplet comes out!Inject yourself, leave it for a little while you do not exagge

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
01/09/2013 5:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.