{'en': 'Glucose control exercises', 'es': 'Ejercicios para controlar glucosa'} Image

Glucose control exercises

fer's profile photo   04/13/2015 12:07 p.m.

Walking and jumping the rope are some of the aerobic activities that could lower the blood sugar level.

The exercise becomes equally effective as medicines to control the blood sugar level.Thus you reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity and stress, according to the National Institutes of United States (INS).

"With regular physical activity, it increases insulin sensitivity, effect that cells take advantage of to produce energy during and after exercise," explains the American Diabetes Association.

Likewise, cardiovascular exercises are the most recommended by doctors, although combined may also have a positive effect on the body if they suffer from diabetes.

Here are some examples of the sports that you can practice to lower your glucose levels.The more active you are, less damage of this type you will have, so take advantage of all the opportunities to move more.

Swimming: Quick activity for 15 to 30 continuous minutes keep your glucose levels stable.To obtain the benefits it is recommended to do it at least three times a week.The more months it is better.

Jump the rope: This is one of the most vigorous aerobic activities.A short and fast circuit of 2 to 5 minutes is equivalent to 20 minutes of walking.Therefore, it is a good way to increase heart rate and reduce insulin dependence.

Blood sugar tends to lower more with prolonged or intense exercise than with short and low impact.Even glucose can be going down hours after work, so it is important to keep control.

Walk: Ins recommend making a quick walk of 30 to 45 minutes five days a week.Try to maintain a specific schedule, as well as the same intensity and time spent, this helps blood sugar be controlled.

High intensity aerobic intervals: A study states that with only 10 minutes of hard intervals training it is sufficient to lower glucose levels by 13% up to 24 hours in people with type 2 diabetes.

You can do it in elliptical, static or treadmill bike.Start with a low intensity heating for 4 minutes.It continues with an average interval for 30 seconds, increases the effort for 2 minutes, continues to increase the level by 1 minute and end with 2:30 minutes with a low intensity to cool.

Combined: with 30 minutes a day of activity that you combine weights and aerobic exercise, the blood glucose level is reduced.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/13/2015 12:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very true fer ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/13/2015 5:50 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Cardiovascular exercises are the best to better control diabetes and inject less insulin.

From my experience I can say that running is my favorite sport in addition to being with the best control of blood glucose.

In August of last year I began to go to the gym to make machines to gain strength throughout my body.Well, the first weeks had to do elliptics for about 10 minutes to avoid the "Aminon" of sugar produced by the exercise with dumbbells and machines.

As the body used to the gym, the elliptics made me less.But a fact is true, I also did not control my levels with gym machines as I did

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/13/2015 11:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.