Hello good

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/13/2015 9:37 p.m.

Hello everyone, I'm loving, type 1 diabetic for four years.Recently, I started to take my illness seriously, I do a lot of sport and I inject Lantus and Novorapid.I have managed to lower many kilos, but not before going through an eating disorder called Diabulimia.I recovered from that and lost the kilos that I took after treatment in a healthy way, of course.I have made a very restrictive diet, in terms of hydrates accounts, no clear sweets, a lotI want ... and of course my glycemia are a disaster.I do not get weight because I do very exercise, it is my way of compensating everything as.My fear is not being able to stop eating and when I do not exercise so much exercise, since I am prone to it and I should take care of myself as.I hope you can help me please.Thanks and kisses to all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/13/2015 9:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you calculate hydrates and the necessary rapid units, you can eat everything.`But if you have anxiety attacks and eat for that, then you will have to treat anxiety.Go to the doctor that I suppose you will have anxioitic treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2015 11:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Try to wear a nutrient -rich diet and fiber that saves you (vegetables, lews legs) and carbohydrates, regulate excess coffee, sleep well and make five meals a day.It is not necessary to carry a diete too restrictive.Rather quality and you can eat well without hungry at all (I mean healthy, not expensive foods).Learn to differentiate real appetite, from anxiety induced.Share all this with friends, family, etc, will help you.
That will keep the cortisol at lower levels and help you reduce the desire to eat food.Stress, anxiety and not sleep properly can cause you that excessive appetite.If you do sports you have a lot of cattle, look for colleagues to do the sport, stay active and far from the temptations and as Regina tells you, your doctor will help you with the proper treatment.
On the other hand welcome loving

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/14/2015 8:25 a.m.

Metformina Dianben 850mg mañana/mediodia/tarde
Accucheck Aviva Nano

Hello loving.The first, welcome and congratulations for having overcome something as hard as diabulimia.I know some people who suffer from it and I know two things of that:

-What has nothing to do with bulimia (in fact they eat normal amounts and without anxiety), and it is related to omitting the insulin dose or putting less than the corresponding one.

- That it is really difficult to get out of there, because they always say "tomorrow I will do it well", and that morning does not arrive ...

For all this, congratulations for having overcome it.You have to be very proud of yourself.

I believe that making a very strict diet is like keeping breathing under water: impossible.Unfortunately I have no magical recipe for you, only good intentions and, therefore, the only thing I can advise you is ::

1- Loop.Do not make any strict diet.It is better to do things a long time to make them perfect for a week and then annoy everything: kilos, diabetes control ... Focus on doing things moderately well, not perfect.
2- When you eat, try not to eat garbage, but food.Thus, of the bad, you will be feeding your body, although you fattening ...
3- Try to compensate for excess calories with sport.
4- Try to acquire good habits.Start with a very small change that costs you anything.What I know, for example, drink a glass of water before eating and dinner ... or whatever.Little by little you will make changes into routines and it will be harder to gain weight.
5- If you see nothing works, put in the hands of a good expert psychiatrist on the subject.That you are not ashamed to go to the psychiatrist, Woody Allen presumes it!: D

I am not being able to be more help.
Hopefully everything goes very well, you'll tell us.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
04/15/2015 3:05 p.m.

roar said:

Hello loving.The first, welcome and congratulations for having overcome something as hard as diabulimia.I know some people who suffer from it and I know two things of that:

-What has nothing to do with bulimia (in fact they eat normal amounts and without anxiety), and it is related to omitting the insulin dose or putting less than the corresponding one.

- That it is really difficult to get out of there, because they always say "tomorrow I will do it well", and that morning does not arrive ...

For all this, congratulations for having overcome it.You have to be very proud of yourself.

I believe that making a very strict diet is like keeping breathing under water: impossible.Unfortunately I have no magical recipe for you, only good intentions and, therefore, the only thing I can advise you is ::

1- Loop.Do not make any strict diet.It is better to do things a long time to make them perfect for a week and then annoy everything: kilos, diabetes control ... Focus on doing things moderately well, not perfect.
2- When you eat, try not to eat garbage, but food.Thus, of the bad, you will be feeding your body, although you fattening ...
3- Try to compensate for excess calories with sport.
4- Try to acquire good habits.Start with a very small change that costs you anything.What I know, for example, drink a glass of water before eating and dinner ... or whatever.Little by little you will make changes into routines and it will be harder to gain weight.
5- If you see nothing works, put in the hands of a good expert psychiatrist on the subject.That you are not ashamed to go to the psychiatrist, Woody Allen presumes it!: D

I am not being able to be more help.
I hope everything is doing very well, you will tell us.

Hi @roar, I have read that you know some people who have gone through this diabulimia ... and that you understand how difficult it is to leave, you know as if they succeeded and how?I need help.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/07/2015 12:12 p.m.

With psychological / psychiatric therapy and much understanding and help from your environment.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/07/2015 6:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.