{'en': 'Improve LDL (cholesterol)', 'es': 'Mejorar LDL (Colesterol)'} Image

Improve LDL (cholesterol)

Javitus34's profile photo   04/14/2015 12:09 p.m.

Well, as the title says, in the last analytics I get high LDL levels, specifically 135, being the rest of normal lipid values, I exercise, I try to eat in a healthy way, Peeeeero there is something that fails and notWhat it is, to see if you could advise me to reduce those levels, which I would not feel like ending also taking statins.

Thank you :)

Javitus34's profile photo
Javitus34
04/14/2015 12:09 p.m.

Diabético tipo II desde Diciembre 2013
Metformina 850 mg 1-0-1
Última glicosilada: 5,7

As the explanation could be very extensive, I spend the guide that I get off to understand and lower it as much as possible since there are many factors and some were unknown to me.
I hope you don't represent a Fer problem.If so tell me and delete the contribution, or your directly.
Link

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
04/15/2015 8:38 a.m.

Metformina Dianben 850mg mañana/mediodia/tarde
Accucheck Aviva Nano

Hola @albertsb,

Ningún problema, al revés, una guía estupenda!, lo que sí voy a hacer es subir aquí el fichero PDF, a veces los links desaparecen, y es mejor tenerlo en el mismo sitio, también destaco algunos temas que he visto en la guía y me han parecido interesantes, por ejemplo:

Lipoproteínas de baja densidad o LDL, que también se denominan colesterol “malo”, porque transportan el colesterol a los tejidos para su utilización, incluyendo las arterias. La mayor parte del colesterol en sangre es colesterol LDL (c-LDL). Cuanto mayor sea el nivel de colesterol LDL en la sangre, mayor es el riesgo de enfermedad cardiovascular.

¿Cómo se trata el colesterol LDL elevado?

El programa CEV le ayudará a reducir el c-LDL y si no consigue sus objeti- vos siguiendo estas recomendaciones, deberá combinar estas medidas con el tratamiento farmacológico que su médico considere adecuado.

Pero, incluso tomando medicación, este programa seguirá siendo esencial en su tratamien- to.

Por una parte, le ayudará a reducir la dosis de los fármacos y por otra, le ayudará a controlar otros factores de riesgo como la hipertensión, el sobrepe- so, la obesidad, la diabetes y la tendencia de la sangre a formar trombos. Como hemos dicho anteriormente, los tres aspectos esenciales del programa CEV son:

• Dieta:
   - Disminuya la grasa saturada, la grasa “trans” y el colesterol.
   - Añada esteroles o estanoles vegetales y aumente la fibra soluble.
• Control del peso corporal (páginas 49 y 50).
• Actividad física (página 60).

La intensidad de su tratamiento dependerá de su riesgo cardiovascular. Pero independientemente del grado del riesgo, el seguimiento del programa le ayudará a adoptar los cambios de una manera más fácil.

Por ejemplo, duran- te los tres primeros meses de tratamiento, su principal objetivo será reducir su c-LDL hasta alcanzar la cifra establecida. Esto se puede conseguir con una dieta saludable, realizando actividad física y manteniendo el peso adecuado, o conseguirlo en el caso de que tenga sobrepeso. Es necesario además, hablar- lo con su médico y con otros profesionales sanitarios, dentro de un clima de confianza.

Saludos,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/15/2015 12:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks a lot.

Javitus34
04/15/2015 4:31 p.m.

Metformina 850 mg 1-0-1

Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.all the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/17/2016 11:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Man12, I tried them in his day, since now I have controlled cholesterol, I did very well, I recommend them, I hope you do very well, health !!

julia00's profile photo
julia00
08/29/2016 1:36 p.m.

I had the LDL in 137 the bad and I have lowered it in less than 2 months I have it in 114 and it gives me everything in values ​​we opt in the analytics the good I get in 83 so without problems, I was already thinking about buying something
The secret eliminates cookies and cow's milk breakfast and snacks, change it for natural alpiste milk or oat milk, with a good apple or some fruit for breakfast
Now I need less insulin 1 unit or 2 according to if I go to exercise, and automatically endeavor cholesterol at normal levels, that and dinner salads and low meals in hydrates like any diabetic
The only good thing that I could get in the analytics hahaha something at normal levels had been with cholesterol like that from the debut and now I have it perfect, a greeting

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
09/11/2016 5:15 p.m.

I am in 200 and, although the doctor has told me that it is not worrying, I obviously want to lower it naturally.Because consuming pills, according to my endocrine, apart from the side effects, it would have to be for life.Then the product called Danacol did not seem bad.How do you see it?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/07/2017 12:43 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

I was taking Danacol for several months before starting the treatment of statins and in the different analytics I did not observe any result, and that they say it goes down around 10%.

Anyway, take it, apart from the fact that it is good.

Javitus34
11/07/2017 2:08 p.m.

Metformina 850 mg 1-0-1

@"Jota" I recommend a documentary of the thematic night on the subject, it is easily found by YouTube in Spanish:
Cholesterol, the great deception.On RTVE.es a la carte (the thematic night, April 22, 2017)

There is also a blog of a doctor who explains enough things about cholesterol and in one of his post refers to this documentary.If you are looking for licking and cholesterol in Google you will see enough posts in this regard where it explains the function of cholesterol, which raises it, because total cholesterol is not so important for cardiovascular risk as it is believed, and what really increases cardiovascular risk, etc.

And as advice I would not take any product from those who sell to lower cholesterol, they are little healthy processed products and do not do any good.They use the issue of pure marketing cholesterol to sell them better.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/07/2017 2:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Jota" I recommend you take soy lecithin and forget about Danacol or any shit that they announce on TV, are all processed and deceptive products as you have already told you above.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/07/2017 3:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

jota said:
I am in 200 and, although the doctor has told me that it is not worrying, I obviously want to lower it naturally.Because consuming pills, according to my endocrine, apart from the side effects, it would have to be for life.Then the product called Danacol did not seem bad.How do you see it?

Sport, more natural impossible and I assure you that it goes down, being taking every day 40 mg atorvastatin and being in 255 not to take anything and be in 180 and good cholesterol through the clouds

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/07/2017 8:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Very much with Yesssica, there are interests around tremendous cholesterol, everything is money, the business of stain, dancoles etc.It is even known that the sugars paid so that the guilt of all cardiovascular problems are packed into fats.No one denies that the best food for a baby is breast milk, because breast milk is all "bad" cholesterol.In that documentary everything is explained very well, the truth does not worry about cholesterol, with having very low triglycerides enough ...

david29's profile photo
david29
11/07/2017 11:51 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Cholesterol, as follows like this, will soon appear in Tarantino movies doing bad.Apparently, women with cholesteroles of 240 0 270, are longest and have fewer head problems with age, do not increase heart problems.
When the arteries are struck, it is because there is a previous injury, to which calcium sticks so that it does not break;Then the cholesterol appears.But the previous injury is not spoken.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
11/10/2017 2:55 p.m.

It is that this every day more professionally supports it, there are many studies and very serious with cholesterol.The only bad fats are man -manufactured by trans.

david29's profile photo
david29
11/11/2017 8:02 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

According to you, only a clarification, which seems to me that it coincides with David29: the fat of breast milk is the one that has to be, if any "ready" wants to demonize its composition you do not pay attention.Be careful with "logical" reasoning, which can lead to errors. If trans fats are bad and the maternal lechah is rich in trans fats, breast milk is bad. Error In syllogism, you have to look at many more factors and simplify is bad bad.
I am also at the skeptics club, when I studied "normal" cholesterol varied with age (300 mg/dl with 70 years was normal), and then lowered it.I have two analyzes, separated for 3 months, in which cholesterol (250) went from "normal" to "high", because well -intentioned boys gathered in a congress and said "better less."Danone and Pfizer agreed and launched to create products to "reduce risk."To me the statins do my legs dust (so I ask my doctor for a determination of CPK, to see how my destruction of muscle mass goes), so my low exercise level, and that is bad.Now I have an "arrangement" with the Pitavastatina, she leaves me alone and my cholesterol is "Altillo ...".
And much eye with the "natural"!That then you are going to take red rice yeast and nobody warns you that this is logo, with all the side effects of the statins, plus the problem that anyone tells you the dose you are taking.No, the natural is not healthier.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
11/12/2017 11:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.