The automatic blood glucose controller for diabetes arrives in Spain

fer's profile photo   04/17/2015 4:20 p.m.

Medtronic has taken another step on the road to the artificial pancreas with the introduction in Spain of the new integrated insulin pump and continuous monitoring of the world: the minimed 640g.A technological advance that innovates in the approach of type 1 diabetes and that occurs in the XXVI National Congress of Diabetes (from April 15 to 17 in Valencia).

The main advantage that the device incorporates is Smartguard technology, which offers the most advanced protection against hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level).This technology makes the first system that works automatically and is able to suspend the supply of insulin when low limits are reached and resume when the glucose levels are recovered.

The 640G MINIMED system incorporates a new design with an easy -to -use interface, full -color screen, water resistance and remote bolus.Before its launch in Spain, several Spanish centers have tried the pump these months ago for use in a still limited number of patients with the aim of ensuring optimal management of this new technology.

"We have had the opportunity to test the 640G device before launching in a group of patients with type 1 diabetes familiar with the use of insulin infuses and glucose sensors," said Ignasi Conget, a senior consultant doctor of the Diabetes Unitof the endocrinology service at the Clinic Hospital in Barcelona.

“Without exception, everyone has valued very positively the improvements it supposes compared to what they had so far.As Infusor is a remarkable step forward, but the incorporation of the smartguard is what has caused them more satisfaction.

Quiet sleep for the first time

For the first time many of them have been able to sleep quietly and without fear of hypoglycemia leaving the management of glucose figures to the 640g system.In summary, the 640G device represents the end of half of the road that leads to the artificial pancreas, ”said Ignasi Conget, a senior consultant doctor of the Diabetes Unit of the Endocrinology Diabetes at the Clinic Hospital in Barcelona.

"The Minimed 640G system, with the possibility of interrupting insulin supply before hypoglycemia occurs, is the greatest approach to the functions of a healthy pancreas for people with diabetes," said Francine Kaufman, vice president of Global, global,Clinical and Medical Affairs of Medtronic.

"We are focused on continuing to make progress such as Smartguard or Hybrid Closed Loop technology so that people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health," he added.

Posted by: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/17/2015 4:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very good to sleep quietly, especially for children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2015 11:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But will this be covered by the National Health System?
I still have my doubts.And I don't finish seeing my son with a bomb.Let's see if the MCG is integrated or goes to part.Many doubts even without resolving

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/18/2015 10:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Medtronic continuous measurement sensors must be bought.I don't know the price but I think they are quite expensive

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2015 10:29 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The Medtronic's years ago were € 60 and lasted 3 days elongable at 6

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/18/2015 10:43 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The New Pump of Medtronic has the continuous glucose meter incorporated into the pump ... and the sensors about € 200 per month

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/19/2015 12:51 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Vandorta And with a single patch?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2015 1:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have seen images where the meter comes in the same insertion and where insulin is injected.That is why I don't know what is going to happen.It would not make sense to be presented in our country without the health system covering it, because we only needed to buy bombs.They give information on account.Only m convinces X including the meter and reduce devices.Although I don't know if I would trust a machine so much .....

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/19/2015 9:45 a.m.

Well, I have seen the videos in You Tube, it is clear that the catheter goes on one side and the sensor on the other and you have patience to see the 7 videos of a boy and his experience with the 640g minimed for 64 days (which is finesee it whole), but if the patience is missing, summarizing, the catheter is inserted in the 2nd and the sensor in the 5th

Link
Link

But come on the photo is clear, our joy in a well
: (((

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/19/2015 12:41 p.m.

Of course you have to carry the pump on the one hand and the sensor in another ... but we are already reducing in devices ... you don't have to carry the monitoring ... and we reduce in price ... € 200 in sensors... the others who are now in the market I think it comes out more expensive

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/19/2015 3:53 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

What Regina asked was that if only in a patch, and it is what I have responded and if, you go with a monitoring receiver apart from the pump, you will not be taking out the pump every time you want to see the level of sugar.You see the level in the pump and in the receptor-mando you carry in your bag

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/19/2015 4:58 p.m.

Indeed, there are two patches in the gut;For insulin infusion and for MCG sensor.That does not change.But the novelties are their automatic behavior during hypoglycemia without patient supervision or during or after hypos (suspend and resume alone), their submenter (I find it hard to believe it yet, but it is what they have said), their maximum integration with the MCG...
At the moment, the SNS is already beginning to provide it with patients, but only the insulin infusion part, not that of MCG.The latter must be financed by the patient himself, although as I heard, it seems that they could get a kind of monthly flat rate to include all necessary consumables.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/20/2015 11:50 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

So I have a question ... the minimed duo I think it is the one that integrated the infusion of insulin and the MCG at the same insertion, will this come to us?
I am made a mess.My son has been insufflon and we are doing well but we have to make very much accounts.I have tried the freestyle and not m convinces.I am testing the Dexcom and I see it great but expensive.In this way I avoid carrying a machine hanging from a cable.The pump would have convinced if I take one of the insertions since I would be winning something ... I know that I would win in the control of the hypos but it gives me more confidence to calculate it although it costs me more mental work (I do not know if I would trust it).
It is that the other day I liped.I thought that 640 g was already coming with the integrated meter

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/20/2015 10:12 p.m.

At the moment there is no pump that integrates a sensor and catheter, it seems that it is not viable because when the sensor is in the same place as the catheter injecting insulin, insulin significantly affects the results of the sensor giving non -real figures

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/20/2015 11:10 p.m.

So what happened to the MEDRONIC DUE MINIMED?In June last year there was talk that its commercialization was going to begin in Europe

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/20/2015 11:31 p.m.

This announcement is good, since marketing begins in Spain.Is something known about whether you can enter for social security?or if there is information about your commitment in any contest where I could enter to be cost for social security?

barri100's profile photo
barri100
04/21/2015 12:12 p.m.

The 640G is already putting patients in Spain.In fact, that I know is the only one that is going to be put from now on.But without the continuous measurement part, and therefore, without one of its advantages, which is automatic behavior in hypoglycemia.If you want me to have MCG, you have to pay it.In a few days Medtronic will give us more information and we will have data.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/24/2015 9:41 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

hansolo said:
640g is already putting patients in Spain.In fact, that I know is the only one that is going to be put from now on.But without the continuous measurement part, and therefore, without one of its advantages, which is automatic behavior in hypoglycemia.If you want me to have MCG, you have to pay it.In a few days Medtronic will give us more information and we will have data.

Good news, we will have to see MCG costs, but at least the cost can be the same as the Fresstyle or Decom can deserve a lot of penalty

barri100's profile photo
barri100
04/27/2015 9:11 a.m.

It is good news, to see if they include the sensors as part of the kit.If I have to put on a bomb even if it is only for the continuous "subsidized" measurement I have it clear .... even if it takes it without insulin).Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/02/2015 3:04 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.