Diabetes at work

vandorta's profile photo   05/01/2015 3:03 p.m.

Anyone at the office ...

Link

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
05/01/2015 3:03 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

I don't know what happens to the link, but I didn't go well, I copy the text here:

comfortable and casual with the insulin pump

One day in the office ...

- What's that?Pointing in the direction of the pocket where I have my insulin pump.

(I already knew what I was referring to)

- This?A bomb ... (I await your reaction) ... of insulin!(Imagine Emoticon Smile)

Then came the entire explanation of the case and the astonishment of technology.And some still imagine us as a yonkis that cannot eat sugar.

Since I have diabetes I have used syringes, but people only noticed my condition at the time of glyometry or inject insulin and for some it is not very pleasant.Now it is not evident, because they confuse my insulin bomb with a music player or a beop, but I am exposed to ask me more often and therefore the opportunity to publicize my “disease” - I use the quotes because I prefer to see itas a way of life -.

"I like to wear my medtronic insulin bomb"

I like naturalness to exhibit my Medtronic Medical Device.Usually I use very informal jeans or clothes, so I carry it in my pocket trying to combine with my clothes.It is part of the outfit.When I drive my motorcycle I carry it in my bra to prevent it from getting wet if it rains, sleeping simply leaves it aside (no matter that some times get entangled, imagine another missing emoticon)

Even while others see their cell phone, I check my insulin bomb.Something like a "phubbing" but with the bomb, I called it a "pumpbbing" (imagine emoticon taking my tongue)

"If they make me phubbing, I do pumpbbing"

And that's what it is about, to feel good, to beautify our diabetes to surprise those who think of that negative stereotype that surrounds diabetes and us, its protagonists.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/02/2015 10:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The truth is that those who are lucky to wear one is a pass, you have to know how to take it, a 2000 or 3000 E device that will cost.
I am looking forward to it, and after having lost the documentation, the hospital seems that everything is going on again.
Now I don't care if they see me, I don't care if I look at the gym for the dexcom in the gym (hurts that it does not happen in women's women), with the cylinderMeter and explain it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2015 12:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.