How to cope with the D ...

Consu's profile photo   05/08/2015 3:10 p.m.

I have read in this forum a long time, that diabetes was not a disease, but a dysfunction, and I want to grab this more.
The reason for this issue is to tell you what I have done to cope with this "dysfunction."
At my age when the children are already great, and on top of diabetes, I was forced to fill my time with other things, or I went crazy.
From the first year I was to make natural soap, with recycled oil, or sunflower.I recommend it, it is fun, and the soap is great.
In addition, thanks to Yu-Tub, I started doing, crochet, precious flowers, scarves, hats, geersys, etc.If you like it, I also recommend it.
And finally he also gave me to make pastry, especially cookies ..
What time passes the most is with my plants, the crays, which as you know are cactus, but without skewers.
I hope you dare, and do this or other things, things that will encourage you, I think like me.

What do you do vovotros?.Affectionate greetings to all.

Type 1 diabetes, with insulin from 7-4-2009.(Three months later I made 51 years).Ale, you know my age!
And not low from 7.8.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
05/08/2015 3:10 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Welcome, Consu!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2015 8:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the @Consu forum! I have the time more than copked with work, although I have been curious to know if you have a recipe for those cookies and be healthy for us!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2015 12:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I am very worse for "dysfunction" than disease.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/12/2015 1:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, I feel better thinking that it is simply something that stopped working.Now you just need to get ready.There are when they deign.
It is wonderful to make your cookies, with brown sugar, of course.I at least.If I have to eat 6 0 7 cookies of the normal ones, because what they weigh, is what we have to do.The same when I do muffers.And I have not had problems
of uploads.The measure that I put on sugar is 100 grs.For 300 grs.of flour.

The cookies are quick to do, while the oven is pre -heated, the mixture is made.
Online there are a many of recipes, look several, I would not mind telling you how to do them, but I prefer that you investigate, like me, you will pass it by chupi, and do not worry if they do not go well for the first.The first ones I did, were as hard as stones, that exaggerated ... but, they were crispy and were a success.
The trick to be softer and chubby, is a teaspoon of bicarbonate, in the mixture, and above all do not exceed in the oven time.

Thanks for being there.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
05/13/2015 1:07 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

I would try to adjust insulins a little more.7.8% begins to be a bit high.

To occupy the mind with things is great, but one thing that I personally never take away from my head is at what level of sugar I will be at every moment.

My work is in offices offering technical support.When I have to move through them, I always pending when it was the last time I ate, in case they need to make some small intake, etc.

When I go for a walk with my girlfriend the same, at what level of sugar will I be?

What I mean is that occupying the mind doing things is very healthy, but it should not be used as an exhaust valve to avoid thinking about diabetes.We are diabetic, and this must always be kept in mind.

I send you a very strong hug, and many spirits.:)

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 2:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As @koyadovic says, you have to be constantly pending glucose, and for this, nothing better than wearing an MCG (continuous glucose meter), I know it comes out through a paste, but being able to consult the glucose at any time andAnyway, it is priceless!: P.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 5:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.