I present myself and I expose my doubts

eriantha's profile photo   05/09/2015 7:43 p.m.

Hello!I am new in the forum and I want to introduce myself.
Before congratulating you.The exchange of information here is fantastic.
I debuted in the DM1 9 years ago (with 36).Since then, let's say I have gone through four phases.

1A.- Treaty only with basal insulin (Levemir) + Diet !!(despite being quite thin) and with an endocrinologist who resisted believing that he had type 1 diabetes.
2A.- Treaty with Levemir (for me it meant: Very abrupt hypoglycemia) and Novorapid.And this time with the support of the team of a day hospital.So far I had good glycosylated values.
3A.- Supported by the same team but with a phase in which I neglected my controls.My glycosiladas were always between 8-9.I continued with Levemir and Novorapid.
4th.- Finally, I have been able to have my glycosylated between 6.9-7.2 approx.The improvement came in part because of the change of basal insulin (I went from a lesspress to Lantus).By having my hypoglycemia, I gave greater confidence to insulin and increased my motivation when controls.

I think I have reached a point where my control is better than ever.However, and now that I have a routine, and therefore it does not imply a great effort I would like to optimize these values, since when you enter this forum, I have discovered that these values ​​are good, but they could be better !!!;)

Soon I have an appointment with my endocrinologist and I would like to take an active part and propose..

So you can help me give you a little more information:

- I inject every night Lantus (24/25/26).That is, adjust if necessary.
- For each food injectorpid (according to HC intake).A ration of HC goes up about 50 sugar (I need an insulin unit)

In the morning I get up with good values ​​(between 70-90).However, where I see that I can improve the controls is just after meals.Both after breakfast, and sometimes after lunch and dinner.If I control after an hour of the intake, I realize that I am about 190. Then I get almost always well to the next meal, but it seems to me that if I control this peak I could improve my glycosiladas.

For example: in the morning Breakfast 100 gr.of bread with some jam (really very little and with little sugar content) and butter.I inject 5 you of Novorapid.After an hour I usually be about 190. After three hours, however, I sometimes need to take half banana to reach food time since sometimes I already have a slight hypoglycemia.

I usually eat with each of the meals a piece of fruit.I think this peak could be due to fruit.But I would like to know if there is any way to reduce the beak without giving up eating fruit.

Does anyone come up with an idea?

Thanks and see you soon!

Eriantha

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
05/09/2015 7:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Eriantha", good day, I spend here welcoming you.I hope other colleagues help you with your question.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/24/2017 10:51 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.