LibreLink, an Android application for free freestyle

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/12/2015 11:53 p.m.

Hello.From time to time I give a chickpea for this forum and for the free user page on Facebook and I just had a pleasant surprise.

It seems that they have finally released an application to read the free sensor with the Mobile NFC.At the moment it is only for Android, although in the Play Store it does not appear.We will have to see how events run.

Link

According to I have read, you can only use with each sensor or the ABBOT reader or the Android application of the mobile.If you start the sensor with the mobile, you have to continue using that application with the same sensor.Advantages I see in the fact of not having to carry another device in the pockets.Disadvantages I also see some, such as I can not use the Mobile and the Reader of Abbot, not generate the reports on the computer and then take them to the endocrine (although the mobile also generates its reports and can send them by mail), another disadvantageIt is that you must open an account to upload your data to the cloud in case you lose or change the mobile.

Anyway, we will have to follow the project closely, this means that the thing is going well and there are many people interested in free.The truth is that I cannot be happier, I still have all the reliable patches and do not take off (I think I go for 14).My next challenge is to put it on the top of the thigh

Edito to add that we hope that this is not a joke of bad taste because I see that some links do not lead to any page, and on the page of the Airstrip company they do not mention this software.I want to think that they are starting now mymit

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2015 11:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The page does not work now, it gives me the impression that is a tease.If after a prudential time it is seen that it is like that, I beg the moderators to erase these messages

DiabetesForo
05/13/2015 8:26 p.m.

Google online I have found this page:

Link

which seems to be patents that are in process.If we click on the last (which puts free) we get this page:

Link

that goes out with a history of the patent file.I don't know, maybe something is cooked and they have advanced before being prepared.Hopefully we have good news shortly

Note, I'm starting to worry about talking alone, hehehe

DiabetesForo
05/13/2015 10:58 p.m.

Joseludi said:
note, I'm starting to worry about talking alone, hehehe

As in the first message you already say that it doesn't really exist because I have not said anything anymore.But if it comes out the same I give another opportunity to free freestyle.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/13/2015 11:17 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
Joseludi said:
note, I'm starting to worry about being talking alone, hehehe

As in the first message you already say that it doesn't really exist because I have not said anything anymore.But if it comes out the same I give another opportunity to free freestyle.

I believe Sherpa that the mobile issue is not a fundamental reason to decide.In fact, I have doubts about whether I would use the application.The first thing is that I have a Nexus 5 and if I have to go with him when I'm running, I prefer the reader (I could carry some fannycapillary (the mobile does not), although in reality I have only used free 2 times with strips

DiabetesForo
05/13/2015 11:22 p.m.

Warm, warm news.

On the free user page on Facebook Link

It has been announced that Abbot is about to draw an application for the mobile.It has the name of LibreLink, although I do not know if it will have something to do with the software that "disappeared" for now there are people in the United Kingdom who are going to participate in a test period, the members who have announced it are active and reliable people

Regarding the problems to supply new customers, they anticipate production in January 2016 and therefore start taking more customers in February (I do not know if this can be considered as good news for those who are waiting or not)

Update from Abbott:

• LibreLink App: We are pleased to announce our mobile app, LibreLink, that Will enable People with Diabetes to Access Glucose Data Directly From Their Freestyle Free Sensor, On Their Smartphones.DEVELOPED BY AIRSTRIP, The LibreLink App is the Only App A approved and certified for use with the free freestyle sensor.The LibreLink App Will Launch in Sweden First in November 2015, and Will Roll Out To OTher European Freestyle Libre Markets in 2016. Airstrip and Newyu, Inc., As Well As All Relay Authorities, Are Working to Make The LibreLink App Avilable To Customers InFreestyle Free Countries, Including France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and U.K.In 2016. Countries Have Different Requirements and Registration Timelines.

• Freestyle free manufacturing: We are on track for Our high-volume manufacturing facility to be up and running in Early January 2016 Meaning that we will be uble to invitWe Will Continue to invite registered customers from Our Waiting List to Experience Freestyle Free, But at A More Accelerated Rate, Until The Waiting Lists Are Cleared.

More to eat tomrorow!

DiabetesForo
11/13/2015 6:31 p.m.

There are already those app.I use Liapp that gives quite real values ​​and can be used while the reader.The only limitation it has is that it does not start them.Yesterday there was a while that the Abbot reader went crazy (half an hour) and gave me erroneous readings and the app gave me correct comparing with hair measures.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/14/2015 9:39 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

rafach said:
those app.I use Liapp that gives quite real values ​​and can be used while the reader.The only limitation it has is that it does not start them.Yesterday there was a while that the Abbot reader went crazy (half an hour) and gave me erroneous readings and the app gave me correct comparing with hair measures.
>

If Rafach already knows that they exist, in fact I communicated them here because I also saw them in the same place.

I think it is good that the more the best.Also who better than those of Abbot will know the system to make an application for the mobile?I guess it will be more accurate, more complete and will have more functions than the two that currently exist

DiabetesForo
11/14/2015 12:16 p.m.

The apps that are for free make their own interpretation of the data with their own algorithm.The official app will have the same algorithm as the official reader, theoretically giving the same readings.

Free does not work the same as the DEXCOM, in the sense that the Dexcom transmitter sends the receiver a concrete raw (raw) value, such as 60. (In the G4, in the G5 it seems that it is no longerSo).Free does not send a RAW value, but a series of data and it is the receiver that is responsible for interpreting that data and saying that it is 60.

What I mean is that it is more "dangerous" to use an unofficial algorithm in the free than in the Dexcom.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/14/2015 12:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.