Tips with Novorapid!Recent debut

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/18/2015 1:17 a.m.

hello !I'm new here, a taste!
Could you help me with something?
How do you carry it with the insulin Novorapid?I just started using it, I am type 1 with a recent debut and I am not doing very well.
My dra told me to put it at 2 hours after breakfast and eat depending on how much the meter marks and before I sleep I put 14 of Lantus (without novorapid).He gave me this board:
100 - 149: 2u
150 - 199: 4u
200 - 249: 6 U
250 - 299: 8u
300 or more: 10u
My nutritionist also gave me many leaves and tables and I am made chaos with that of carbohydrate counting (I don't understand that if I want I get the quick)
My fasts are between 80 and 110 and after breakfast I stay in 170.
Then before eating I am already in 60 and postprandial in 200!

TIPS !!!!!: -S

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/18/2015 1:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The novorapid must be put before meals, according to the amount of hydrates you eat.
If you put it two hours later, you will not avoid hyperglycemia, which is what it is about.
I don't know how the endocrine tells you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2015 4:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Exactly, fast insulin must be taken before eating to prevent sugar from climbing.

What kind of "endocrine" does you say you click 2 hours after eating in function of the top you are?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/18/2015 7:13 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Jasmine,

From what I see these with what is called the "honeymoon".Your pancreas still generates insulin and need less dose of injectable insulin.
As Regina and Sherpa have already told you, the novorapid is put before eating so that the acting peak of the fast insulin coincides with the food absorption peak but maybe your doctor told you to be injected later to avoid hypoglycemiasince your pancreas still generates some insulin.Talk to her and ask him.
Anyway, if you see values ​​above 180 after eating, I think you can try it before.In that case if you have to take into account the carbohydrate counting.Start conservatively, perhaps with 1 novorapid unit for every 30 grams of carbohydrates and depending on how you go two hours after eating go adjusting.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
05/18/2015 8:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.