The taumatin

Consu's profile photo   05/19/2015 1:57 a.m.

Here I leave a link on the taumatin, which is the sweetest product in the world.It is used only commercially.I think it is the future.
Link spearmosclao.org/ingrepedia/taumatina.aspx#.vvp7zrntmkp
Until another, thanks.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
05/19/2015 1:57 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Tanumatin is a natural sweetener sweetener sweetened power used in the food industry as an alternative to sugar.Among the most common applications are:

Gas drinks
Cakes, Pasta and Sweets
Chewing gum
Vitamins and nutritional supplements
Instant noodles
Bakery products
Ice cream
Flavored milks

The sensation of sweetness in people can be caused by a large number of very different chemical structures compounds and plays a very important function in the acceptance of food.

Source: Badui S., 2013, “Food Chemistry”.

Tanumatin is a protein substance obtained from the extraction of the Katemfe fruit (Thaumatococcus Daniellii Benth) a plant originally known as "miraculous fruit of the Sudan."At the end of the 80’s it began to be used as an sweetener in Japan.The sweetness potential it offers goes from 1600 to 3000 times sweeter than sugar.

Being a protein substance, it is metabolized by the body generating 4 cal/g.However, as the dosage in food is very low, due to its sweetness potential, the caloric contribution in the products is insignificant.This characteristic is of special importance in the formulation of zero sugar products or for diabetics and in which you want to use “100% natural” legends.

The profile observed by the taumatin is of a slow start entry or taste, a sweetness perceived once and a replacement.Due to this behavior, it is suggested to be mixed with other sweeteners to improve the profile.For example, it can be used in combination with the Stevia or with the reaudoside to or to mitigate the bitter taste of this and in turn improve the profile of the taumatin.

Because it is stable to heat, it is of great interest in the development of bakery products, ice cream, flavored milks, chewing and drinks whose pH is not less than 3.5.

Like other sweetening high -power sweeteners, torrent can enhance the other flavors present in food, in the elaboration of drinks, jams, dairy products such as yogurt and cheese, instant coffee and chewing gums.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2015 10:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have only seen taumatin in a sweetener, who do not say his name, for not propaganda.But nothing more.Here in Spain everything comes later.I have thought about asking for some herbalism, having if I'm lucky.
Greetings and thanks.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
05/20/2015 12:42 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.