{'en': 'Triathlon Diabetes Andalucía underway', 'es': 'Diabetes Triatlón Tour Andalucía en marcha'} Image

Triathlon Diabetes Andalucía underway

fer's profile photo   06/03/2015 7:04 p.m.

It is admirable that people with diabetes decide to undertake awareness of the disease in any order of life.This week Channel Diabetes has had the opportunity to talk to the Alma Mater of the Triathlon Tourly Diabetes, a test in which several athletes with diabetes are the protagonists and that we explain next to Fernando Herrera's hand, its creator.

Question: Fernando, Hi, what is the Tourly Andalusia Triathlon Diabetes Project?

Answer: Hello, how are you, the Tourly Triathlon Diabetes consists in making a social and sports challenge in which a group of 9 athletes with diabetes from all over Spain belonging to the recent creation team Team -one Diabetes Challenge will perform a triathlon in each provinceof Andalusia for 8 consecutive days.

Of this group, 4 athletes will make the triathlon as a whole and the other 3 will do it in the form of relay (each will make a discipline every day).These triathlon tests will have a non -competitive character and of learning days and exchange of experiences between the athletes themselves.

In turn, the challenge of arriving and contacting the largest number of diabetes related, both of the patient sector, (especially children, since we visit 3 youth camps of children with diabetes) as family members, health, health and related companies and related companiesWith the sector.

These contacts will be raised in the form of colloquium talks to offer our experience as athletes with diabetes and transmit the message of "diabetes does not limit anything", offering a less negative approach to diabetes and demonstrating how you can carry an optimal quality of life knowingManage some aspects properly and making known of course the AEDD (Spanish Association for Sports with Diabetes).

Q: Fernando How did you think about the idea?

A: Well, I have been thinking about this idea for a long time and when I say a lot I can assure you that it is years.I did not see the moment or the opportunity to start it and try until an explosive mixture of restlessness, obligation, personal ethics, but above all some immense doses of illusion encouraged me to try.Key factor was the day when a group of people ventured to found the Association for Diabetes and Sports and Team One team.

It was my passion for sport and more specifically the triathlon, which generated the illusion of trying to make a challenge-primeba-activity that served to share my experience as an athlete with diabetes of so many years and try to solve or at least minimize theFormative lagoons, fears that I perceived in the attendees every time they invited me to an association or seminar on diabetes to expose my experience as an athlete and as a sports and health professional.

And one day the spark arose, an idea, an illusion and as many people told me (the closest) "crazy."Not so much for the sports challenge (which is), but becauseThey put my hair as scarp, but thanks to my brothers (founders of the Team-one) and the support that they have offered to face the project have given me enough energy to know that there is much more than winning to lose.

Q: What do you intend to demonstrate with the test, what is the goal?

A: Well, there are many, but I could summarize that there are eight days of coexistence, eight triathlons and eight venues to practice sports for diabetes control.A unique opportunity in life to learn and share with other colleagues about diabetes and sport, in addition to living together for more than a week and be able to goRegistering everything for tomorrow to serve as learning for all.Many beautiful ideas that will be coming out throughout the event.

The most important thing for me, eight opportunities to congregate many people with diabetes (and their relatives) to spread the message that "with diabetes you can" and that it is not a limiting factor of anything in our lives.Eight opportunities to offer an image of diabetes different from what you have when it is not known in depth and a possibility of making a push to those parents who, when debuting their children, the world comes over the life that awaits theirchildren.I do not want you to understand my words, I do not try to take importance to diabetes and their effects if it is not taken-Negatives and confusing people.

Q: When and where will it take place?

A:

TRIATLON Nº corresponds to the province of Locality arriving in the town
Overnight date of the test
Triathlons
1st Huelva Punta Umbria Friday 17-Jul Saturday 18-Jul
2nd Seville La Rinconada *
SATURDAY CAMP 18-JUL SUNDAY 19-JUL
3rd Cádiz Algeciras Sunday 19-Jul Monday 20-Jul
4th Málaga Mijas Monday 20-Jul Tuesday 21-Jul
5th Córdoba La Carlota *
Tuesday 21-Jul Camp Wednesday 22-Jul
6th Jaén Úbeda Wednesday 22-Jul Thursday 23-Jul
7th Almería Ejido Thursday 23-Jul Friday 24-Jul
8th Granada Huelma *
Camp Friday 24-Jul Saturday 25-Jul

Q: How will you control your diabetes, what medical support has the test?

A: Although the main objective is to demonstrate that we must be autonomous when managing all aspects that condition the control of diabetes, we will have the supervision of the prestigious cyberdem-Idibaps, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, ​​with Serafín Murillo and Dra.

Q: How will heat affect your diabetes?

A: It is clear that we are going to take into account that factor as the most conditioning, since they are dates of special heat and of course given the national geographical area where it develops.That is why we will pay special attention and priority to good hydration, both during the tests and afterwards, avoiding at all times the schedules of greater heat and performing the tests in an earlier schedule, to be able to carry out the talks later colloquium latermore relaxed.

Q: What is the key to proof of these characteristics?

A: I could tell you several factors, but I am clear that the constancy in the training and habit of practicing the different disciplines throughout a week of training will be the limiting factor.Not only because of the triathlon tests itself, but the development of the activities that we will develop (talks), but the displacements to the different venues will limit the forces day by day.

Q: How are you preparing for it?

A: Well, I can assure you that since they propose it to each and every one of the team members, their willingness to the test has been maximum, as well as their motivation to face the day to day of their training, making evening sessions (even ofdawn) to be able to go to work, holding a second session at the end of the day.Doing good the saying of "the more he wants the one who can."

This philosophy is typical of the Team One team.The illusion and motivation is transmitted, making strong and inciting the personal overcoming of each of its members day by day.

It is beautiful and enriching to hear that for the people who know what we do from the Association (AEDD) and the team, “we are heroes” not for sports tests themselves,but for how we face and relativize the fact of having diabetes and overcome personal challenges daily.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 7:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.