Pump protection ??

aranzazuleg's profile photo   06/05/2015 11:45 a.m.

Do you protect the pump in some way?that is, you take it in some shelf with reinforcement or take it in your pocket without further ado.
Have you ever fallen?

I have bought my son a kind of very finite fannyry, they sell it to run and carry their mobile, the thing is that impermeable Peeeeero is fine and I am afraid that with a blow or in a fall the break.

And if you break it they replace it quickly, has it happened to you?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/05/2015 11:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Aranzazulego,

I do not protect it, I carry it with the clamp in the bra and at home, I carry it in my pants with the leather case that comes with it.
A month ago, he had an error and they had to replace me, but it took two days alone.They were the worst in many years hehehe, when you get used to her ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
06/06/2015 10:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

how old are you?

Do you really prefer the bolis bomb?

I do not understand much because I am so happy with the bolis and I see so much complication with the bomb, my son carries it because he has no choice but I do not see her as bright as they say.
The patches take off, it makes that prick every 3 days that the 4 that I put up, but then the cable, more sleep with it, I really do not see the improvement, I have 6 6 hemoglobins always, I hopeMay my son get them with the bomb, but I don't see him so much progress.:-/

aranzazuleg
06/10/2015 10:08 a.m.

Aranzazuleg,

What bomb does your child wear?I carry the Animas Vibe and I have seen that they sell a kind of silicone covers to protect it although I carry it as is.

About what you say about the bomb with respect to the bolis because I tell you my experience.I have been with her for a month and before putting it it is well controlled (we have 6-6.5 like you).At the level of glycemia as I was fine with Lantus I have not noticed much difference but I value the one that I have more flexibility.If I go for dinner it were and as something with more fat because I upload the basal at night I get up in the morning with values ​​below 100. With Lantus I would go to bed with a good value but unless I put on the alarm of the alarmMorning to correct I would surely get up high.And then there is the theme of the temporal basal that is very good for me because I exercise a lot, with Lantus I had to be eating every little because if the dose lowered the days that I was most active I did not cover me 24 hours.
As you say, it has its inconveniences but for the moment it seems to me that the positive points exceed the negatives.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/10/2015 7:38 p.m.

The same is that I lead a more routine life, and I do not give much importance if one day I am high because I have left for dinner or eat out there, because after all it is a day or two at most week, and it is atime, you're not up to the top.
In that if I see the bomb good, because my son when he wants to eat a sugarless ice cream by calculating the rations that the machine takes will put the dose that is needed to cover it, instead I go a little by eye.

aranzazuleg
06/11/2015 9:50 a.m.

to!My son carries the Medtronic bomb.And I thought everyone was carrying the same because of the mense in Spain.

aranzazuleg
06/11/2015 9:52 a.m.

I use a paradigm 754 and I have protected it from day one with an adidas case.If you want to see it, put in a search engine adidas G70845

It has been very useful and comfortable.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/16/2015 2:45 p.m.

I have seen those covers, they look good, but my son is very small to take them.

Apart from those that we have made at home, we have seen that they sell some that are doing well to go to PQ beach are quite airtight, they are Fitnes covers.
like this: Link

But it is not worth sleeping because the brooch makes him purple in his back, he is so small ... but for specific times he goes well.

aranzazuleg
06/17/2015 10:15 a.m.

I carry Medtronic ... my life is monotonous but for me, it is comfortable ... I hooked on any side or shed what I need and walk ..

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
06/17/2015 5:44 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.