{'en': 'Very good to everyone, here is a relative of diabetics', 'es': 'Muy buenas a todo el mundo, aquí se presenta un familiar de diabética'} Image

Very good to everyone, here is a relative of diabetics

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo   06/08/2015 4:45 a.m.

Very good,

I think that to start I must tell you a little my story;A little over a year ago I started a loving relationship with a diabetic girl, to save you incentary details I will only say that she is a very special person, of those that one thinks that they do not exist.He suffers unstable type 1 diabetes, how unstable?, Because the following data collected in their glucometer can give you an idea (there are several hypoglycemia to record, they were so strong that there was no time to do the test)

When I met her attitude towards diabetes it was of total resignation, so much so that she had not been inocrine for years.For my formation I already knew some of this disease, but I was not up to date up, so I linked the blanket to my head and dedicated myself to soak myself well about diabetes, (by the way, on the web portal https: // www.Coursera.org/ A very good diabetes course comes out).After my update I prepared to communicate the good news referring to the new glucometers that were on the market, the apps, PC programs ... My surprise was that I found a strong skepticism on their part, and an absolute ignorance by theirHead medical in this regard.After begging him for active and passive that at least he returned to the endocrine consultation, I got itone after another without stopping, to such an extent that today I still have doubts that I have a degree in Medicine.

In an almost miraculous way I convinced her that I changed endocrine, and in a single consult"How to deliver a new glucometer (Freestyle Insulinx), initiated a chain reaction that has reduced its Numantine resistance to technology.

Several years ago they operated it with a diabetic retinopathy laser with a very good result, but in the last analytics it has begun to appear damage to the kidneys, and to top it off, the symptomatology of its hypoglycemia is increasingly takes longer to appear.My dream is to buy the famous Dexcom, but its price is unattainable to me (my only income comes from the submerged economy, mainly as a private teacher), but I have been able to save enough to get a free freestyle, I've been since March pointed outOn the Abbott's website, waiting to buy it, she has warned me that she does not want her to buy it now given the economic situation, but I do not think about her arms crossed while her sugar levels dance that way and complications appearone after another.

Said this, I only have to indicate that I volunteer for any improvement in the quality of life of those who suffer from diabetes: if someone wants to see the behavior of a glucometer (of the type) in an individual "healthy" vs diabetic/a, studies with drugs ... that has me, I am a blood donor, plasma, platelet, medulla and organs for many years, so I can present medical reports that prove my health status without any problem.

A hug!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/08/2015 4:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Impressive history @con_q_de_quimica! Not many couples care about their half orange, I congratulate you about the effort you have made and I welcome you to the forum!

Here you will see that, in addition to dealing with the physical and chemical aspects of diabetes, we also talk especially about emotional and psychological aspects, your partner's reaction is not strange, moreover, it is quite common that there is a rejection of diabetes to the diabetes toStart, then you have to be informed to assume what entails being diabetic and establishing life patterns.

Encourage your partner to go by and greet, we will be happy to talk to her!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2015 9:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

My mother, who worries like this and bothered to understand what diabetes is as you do ... I congratulate you, continue to step on your girl your girl will improve, there is nothing like support :)

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/08/2015 12:31 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

fer said:
impressive story @con_q_de_quimica! Not many couples care about their half orange, I congratulate you about the effort you have made and I welcome you to the forum!

Here you will see that, in addition to dealing with the physical and chemical aspects of diabetes, we also talk especially about emotional and psychological aspects, your partner's reaction is not strange, moreover, it is quite common that there is a rejection of diabetes to the diabetes toStart, then you have to be informed to assume what entails being diabetic and establishing life patterns.

Encourage your partner to go by and greet, we will be happy to talk to her!;)

Yes, it also went through a phase of denial at the beginning, it has been diabetic for more than 20 years and that phase exceeded it, what it had (and still has to a lesser extent) is a feeling of "doctors do not understand me",And in part it was not right.

Greetings and thank you very much for your message !!

Con_Q_de_quimica
06/08/2015 2:22 p.m.

laire said:
my mother, who worries like this and get upset to understand what diabetes is as you do ... I congratulate you, continue so that I pass your girl your girl will improve, there is nothing like support :)

Thanks !!, curiously after doing the course, translating the material into Spanish and explaining it improved and much his attitude towards diabetes, although his ailment had not changed at all, understanding what happens to his body helped him take theother ways.

Con_Q_de_quimica
06/08/2015 2:24 p.m.

Congratulations ..... I think it's great, especially knowing that someone can be so aware of you.You are great

intel's profile photo
intel
06/08/2015 2:30 p.m.

Welcome to the forum Con_q_de_quimica and I join the comments of others, your girl is lucky that you are by her side and get involved both in her illness

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/08/2015 7:58 p.m.

Thank you very much for your messages, but I think you exaggerate a little, I do nothing that anyone would do in my situation.

Con_Q_de_quimica
06/09/2015 3:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.