Little fast insulin action

Jesule83's profile photo   06/10/2015 2:37 p.m.

Hello good.

Another doubt here.It turns out that I have been a week or so in which fast insulin does not make me the effect that I had been doing so far.I explain myself.I wear what I have calculated for each meal but the results are very different.Before I always got good results at 2 hours but this last week - 10 days is, say, a lottery.And I can't find the reason.
I have tried to change the ball in case it was in poor condition for the heat.I have also tried to prick 20 minutes before meals so that insulin begins to take effect.I usually rot the sites where I shed, so I don't think it's a matter of the injection zone being failing me.

I don't know, I've turned it around and I don't hit the key.And what makes me most about is that in May I did not have this problem of mismatch and suddenly appeared.I have asked for a couple of patches for the free freestyle that I have to see at what moments the climb occurs and see if it makes any sense.But in 5 days they do not arrive and I am a little worried with the subject.

Let's see if you can give me a hand.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
06/10/2015 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @Jesule83, it has also happened to me, I relate it to the arrival of heat and summer, I have also had occasions in which I have been incubating some virus (constipated, etc ...) and insulin does not have the sameEffect, another parameter to take into account is the stress and the descent of physical activity, may have coincided.I block you?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/12/2015 4:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It happens to me as Fer.When I am comprehensive, the rule or similar is going to come to me where I notice insulin resistance is in the dose of fast that I need at meals, not so much the rest of the day.It is as if insulin were water.Last week, for example, I had to put 1 unit for every 8gr of carbohydrates when I normally put 1 for every 12gr.My advice is that you do not eat your head, if you have changed the ball and do not notice it differentiates, simply put the dose you need and patience.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/12/2015 7:08 p.m.

It has also happened to me that for more insulin that I have put to the figures it was hard for them to go down, I changed the ball and the same.I have always thought that it has been something internal to our body that is not right and we have not known it because reason there has been no apparent reason.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/12/2015 8:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If it is also happening to me in these last 10 days, I put my normal insulin dose, at 2 hours I am normal and at 3 or 4 hours it starts to rise to me and there is no way to lower it for much exercise to do andIf I wear a lower dose but either as before, in my case I do not know if it will be because I am ovulating, or because the honeymoon is running out, or the heat but I hope this is fixed soon because it costs me a lot to get off130

maca's profile photo
maca
06/16/2015 8:24 p.m.

It seems that the thing has been normalizing little by little, we will touch wood.The only thing that I have done has been to leave a little more time between putting the insulin and starting to eat and well, for now it has improved a little.
Today the Freestyle Patches come to me can analyze everything a little better.

Thanks for the answers.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
06/17/2015 10:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.