Diabetes and Social Security

sergiochile's profile photo   06/10/2015 5:07 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I live in Chile and my daughter, type 1 diabetics, she will come to live in Barcelona to study at the university.Its affiliation to the SS will be by agreement with the Chilean health system.
My question, which continues after diving online and finding no clear response, is about what is the copayment I must do to receive medications and supplies, monthly?
That is to say fast insulin and lantus, reactive strips and lancetas.

In Chile the co -payment is quite low but I get the impression that is higher here, which catches my attention being a socially developed country.

I will appreciate any help in this regard.
Thank you so much

sergiochile's profile photo
sergiochile
06/10/2015 5:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends on each community. I do not know in barcelona, ​​but the strips and lancets usually give them in the health center without paying anything. And the insulins are collected in the pharmacy paying a minimum percentage..
Let's see if someone from Barcelona answers you who knows it better.
Cuandp arrives in Barcelona has to go through the health center closest to your home and will inform everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2015 5:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In Barcelona it is established that they give you only 3 boxes of strips for type1 in the ambulatory (without paying anything), there are people who have achieved more based on a lot of claim and insulin is paid for about 4 euros per box of bolis.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/10/2015 7:31 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In Andalusia the lancetas and needles for insulin give them in health centers, insulins and strips in the pharmacy, I would not know how to tell you how much they cost exactly because as Regina says, the autonomous community depends and the strip model.

Greetings.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/10/2015 7:36 p.m.

Sherpa, the strips, they give you the ones that your endocrine considers, in my default ambulatory they give you 200 but my endocrine made me a lymph for the inspection explaining my case and my lability and requesting that they were 300 and those are the ones that give me.
The lancetas, the same as you throw, one by control.
Sergiochile The insulins are paid € 4.15 per box, which I do not know if in the end they took it out or continues is that in Catalonia € 1 per recipe was paid.In Madrid they took it ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/10/2015 9:29 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
sherpa, the strips, they give you the ones that your endocrine considers, in my outpatient by default they give you 200 but my endocrine made me a lymphort for the inspection explaining my case and my labilityand requesting that they were 300 and those are the ones that give me.

I have gone to 4 endocrine and everyone tells me that they cannot prescribe more than 3 or 4 strips because it is what is stipulated for types1.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/10/2015 10:06 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:

I have gone to 4 endocrine and everyone tells me that they cannot prescribe more than 3 or 4 strips because it is what is stipulated for types1.

They don't give me recipes in Madrid, you go to Cap and there they give you what you need.I supply it all the nurse, it does not need to see the header.
They have not put any problem for me, moreover, it encouraged me to put a written claim to stop supplying braun needles and bring them BD.

I am spending about 9 strips on average.

What anger makes me read these things, I suppose we are very lucky in Madrid, fight for your strips and claim in writing, it is your health.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/15/2015 2:30 p.m.

A while ago we have gone to the pharmacy for strips, for those of the Freestyle Insulinx (ABBOTT), two boats of 50 strips we pay € 2.50.Give for 4 aunts a day and you have to renew at the health center 1 time a month

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/15/2015 6:46 p.m.

When I lived in Madrid they always gave me what I needed but I always had the impression that it depended a little on your area and the nurse that touched you.And it happens to me as to Artorias, it gives me a lot of courage to read these things, I think it is almost impossible for a diabetic of type 1 to have good control with less than 6 strips a day.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/15/2015 7:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.