One week with bomb and ........

malefica33's profile photo   06/15/2015 8:07 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I've been on the pump on a week.As far as comfort is concerned, I am delighted, but I think I still do not carry the good basal dose.

I as basal insulin used Lantus, 44uds.day.When they connected the bomb they put me as a basal dose 1, 5uds.From Humalog at the time, what 36uds suppose.day.With this dose I am fasting above 180mg/dl.Is this normal?I imagine that they will have to adjust the basal insulin, right?

At the moment I have "forbidden" to touch the basal dose.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
06/15/2015 8:07 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

I carry as a month with the bomb and at first the same thing happened to me.

Normally with a bomb you need a little less of total insulin so to heal in health they calculate 75% or 80% of the Lantus dose, divide it by 24 and that is the basal dose that you are scheduled to start.In my case I was putting 12 of Lantus so they scheduled .375 per hour and at the beginning I was all the holy day in 150.

I went up the dose by sections and in the end I have been between .4 and .5 units most of the day.I guess your educator or endocrine will help you adjust the dose, don't worry.If you carry the issue of English there is a book that is very useful for those that we start with insulin bomb, it is called "Pumping insulin 5th edition" by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/15/2015 8:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @inday! If you have the manual in PDF, even in English, could you upload it here as an attached file?

THANK YOU !!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/15/2015 8:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer I can't upload it because I would violate copyright (it is not available for free).But at Amazon you can buy in Kindle format for about 15 euros.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/15/2015 8:32 p.m.

Ah! Ok! I had understood that it was a guide in PDF like others there are and free, no problem !!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/15/2015 8:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well thanks @inday, tomorrow I will see my nurse and I imagine that they will do.

I have seen the book on Amazon, I will buy it.

Thank you so much.

malefica33
06/15/2015 11:22 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

What pump is it?
What do not let you touch the basal?They sent us home with the bomb and the minimum explanations, and without any restriction, they are more sent us with the manual bolus and a month we were configured the wizard bowling.

We knew how to make the change and little more, they told us how both basal and manual bolus had to be modified.

It is assumed that with the pump you will go with better figures, and if you get up with 180That correspond, and go a little testing.

I give you an example.

My son gets up with 250, initially I tempt you to upload the section of the 6 of the Mñn, but at 3 of the MI is with 180, we will do the following, up 0.25 the section of the 3 of the Mñn and another0.25 The 6 of the Mñn, instead of climbing 0.5 at 6 of the Mñn.

The grace of this is to maintain good levels all day, especially at night that is easier, because neither food nor exercise.

Anyway, if you have been forbidden to touch it, it will have to go every three days to review them.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/16/2015 11:33 a.m.

Thanks Aranzazuleg.

I have been forbidden to touch the basal for my supposed lack of experience.For now I only have a time block.

I go to review every week.

malefica33
06/20/2015 2:05 a.m.

I want to have it once put it to me !!!!
I have been fighting for the Animas Bomb and now the appointment with the representative for June 30 at 15.30, but they told me that they will first put it with a saline solution for a while and that the representative will come anotherOnce on the 13th to put the insulin but on July 22 I go out of cruise and with such a little time I will surely say that I do not want to put it, I do not want to get into the cruise with just 10 days of being putting insulin with the bomb, with the sport I make and the changes of my life so continuous I do not think I can regulate it well.
By commenting this to the doctor, he said that he would talk to the representative to do but come on, I don't think they do it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/20/2015 10:26 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I would take her to the cruise.I communicate with M doctor with a program called Emminens, it is Telemedicina, every Sunday I send the information of the glucometer and the bomb and my comments and on Mondays about 15h.It answers me.

And well if you don't carry her to wait a few more days ...

That if when you have it like when you bought your first mobile, it gives you the buyer fever, covers, accessories, of everything, I was not one of these to buy bullshit of these but for my pump yes.Now I have two daughters really and the bomb.

In any case, congratulations on your bomb.

By the way, mine is the action Spirit Combo.

Greetings.

malefica33
06/20/2015 8:15 p.m.

@jconegar to me happened a little like you, they put the bomb and at 10 days I was going for 1 week of camping.In the end I put it the same, but for the trip I decided to return to the bolis, it seemed too much to go with the pump in the campsite and I also did not feel like loading with all the spare parts.Maybe you can do that, or say it when it is time to go cruise down depending on how comfortable you feel with the pump.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/22/2015 7:54 p.m.

Let's see what I do.Thank you very much for the tips

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/23/2015 12:03 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Malefic;I have read that you are a diabetic since the age of 11, I do not think it is difficult for youand the Bolus.

I think they should trust your criteria.After all, you have been with diabetes for many years, and the treatment is not so far from the bolis, once they mark the equivalence with the bomb is to play with the rectifications, as you do with the bolis, the best thing about the pump is thatYou do not have to go up or down a complete unit, but you can download average or a room, this makes the insulin you wear much more to you.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/23/2015 10:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.