{'en': "'Like' barking diabetes", 'es': "'Cini' ladra a la diabetes"} Image

'Like' barking diabetes

fer's profile photo   06/17/2015 1:14 p.m.

When Lidia Nicuesa begins to go down or raise glucose levels - which is a serious risk given the diabetes that she suffers- her dog 'cini' sits in front of her and starts to bark.

The pet, a Jack Russell Terrier, has become a four -legged glucometer thanks to its smell, capable of capturing the change that operates in the body of its owner.Yesterday, Lidia came from Zaragoza, where he lives, to Murcia with her inseparable 'Cini' to share their experience with the people who wanted to approach to listen to a talk organized by the Association for Diabetes Care (Adirmu), which celebrates theseDays The Diabetes Week with different activities.

«I have for two years, and I enjoy much more autonomy.Now I can anticipate thanks to her hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.Before the symptoms appear, 'Cini' warns.When you do, I just have to check the sugar level in the glucometer, ”explained Lidia Nicuesa shortly before starting her talk.

Pet and owner have become "inseparable," admits this 22 -year -old teaching student.It was the first guide dog trained to prevent decompensations in diabetic patients.Since then, the Canem Training Center, where 'Cini' has come out, in Zaragoza, has prepared 22 other dogs, although none of them have ended at the time in the region.

The pet was yesterday the attraction of Diabetes Week, which continues today with a tasting of healthy food and a talk about mobile applications for emergency situations.Both acts will take place in the Royal Academy of Medicine and Surgery, in the building of the Archaeological Museum.Tomorrow, Adirmu celebrates its annual general assembly.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2015 1:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, or the university has changed a lot since my time, or I fear that in the teaching classes they will not let him access with his pet.Nor on the bus or tram to go to college.
Anyway, it is periodic news.A Déjà Vu.I wish so many of the continuous meters came out and the public health system will end up paying them.But at this step, they will pay us before a dog that a meter.

Signed, a passionate and in love with dogs.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/17/2015 5:30 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.