{'en': 'I take off the pump catheter or meter patch: What do I do?', 'es': 'Se me despega el catéter de la bomba o parche del medidor: ¿qué hago?'} Image

I take off the pump catheter or meter patch: What do I do?

fer's profile photo   06/24/2015 1:12 p.m.

As you all know insulin pumps carry a dressing fastener system in the form of a dressing that adheres to the skin.

The "glue" that the dressing is quite strong and it is normal for stopping enough for the catheter not to leave during the 3-4 days we wear.

In spite of that, there are particular cases of children or people with more delicate or special skin, situations of great humidity (for example in summer, pool, beach) or intense sports practices that produce great sweating, leading to problems in the adhesion of the adhesion of the adhesion of the adhesion of thedressing

Next, thanks to learning reading the diabetes forum and experience, we expose four products that improve or repair these types of situations.

convene prep

Adhesive wipes convene prepare the catheter adhesive.

The right way to use them is as follows:

The application zone is cleaned and dried very well, a bag is opened and the wipe is extracted by applying it through the area where we are going to insert in catheter.

We let 1 minute dry and meanwhile we wash our hands to eliminate the remains of the fingertips.

Then we proceed to insert the catheter regularly.

To remove the sticky remains that remain in the skin of the wipe the usual hygiene is enough.

The experience of use indicates that there is a sensitive increase in the subjection of dressing, even in extreme situations such as abundant sweating, physical exercise and long -term bathrooms in pool (remember protocol disconnection of the pump).

This product is not financed by Social Security, its price is € 10 for a container of 54 individual wipes.

The National Pharmacy Code (Spain) is 331389

skin tac wipe

The Skin Tac Wipe wipes work in the same way as the convest, the area is permeated before inserting the catheter.

Its price is around 15 euros for the 50 wipe box and is not funded by Social Security either.

Nobecután

Nobecuta is a spray dressing that is used to form a thin elastic adherent film, permeable to moisture.

It is usually used in superficial burns, small wounds and as a complement to dressings.

In our case, we will use it to set the catheter dressing.Our recommendation is to use it when the edges of the dressing are taking off.

It is important to protect the connection part of the catheter, if we spray in this area it is likely that we cannot turn the thread again to disconnect.A simple cap of any bottle can serve us to protect it.

It is pulverized from about 10-20 cm through the semi-clear area of ​​the catheter and allowed to dry.

We will notice that the dressing hardens, but it is more subject in this way, with less danger that the catheter comes out.

It can also be used prior to the insertion of the catheter, spraying the entire insertion zone, letting dry and then inserting the catheter.

It is important to keep in mind that it is an flammable product, so avoid situations where there are close fires, such as gas kitchen or people very close smoking.

Nor is it reimbursable for Social Security, its price is 15 euros in the pharmacy.

tegaderm

Finally, we mention another system that ensures even more catheter protection.

It is usually used regularly for fixing the continuous blood glucose sensor (Dexcom or Minilink).

Tegaderm are transparent dressings that setthe catheter to the skin and protect it from chafing and possible takeoffs.

It could be advisable in the case of children.

It is important to leave the catheter insertion open so that it has no problem when disconnected.To do this, we will fold the dressing in half and calculate the extension of the catheter to cut a small area of ​​the Tegaderm dressing.

With the catheter already inserted in the skin we will proceed to "seal it" with this other dressing

Source: Diabetestipo1.es

fer's profile photo
fer
06/24/2015 1:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very good thread, this topic is always talking.For me the one who hits the most is the Skin Tac.
The Nobecuta use it in hospitals but for me it does not hit enough at my pace of life.
The tegaderm recipes social security but only a large measure that will have to be trimmed, I see it expensive, I have ever used it to try but it does not finish convincing me because in the end the tegaderm of the skin takes off and it does not take off easy, becauseHe is stuck to the sensor's tape, I did the hole so that the Tegaderm did not cover the Dexcom emitter, that is, the tape and one more piece so that it adheres to the skin.
And the conveen cannot comment.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/25/2015 12:46 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have not tried it, but I have already requested a box, to see how it goes, for what they say, it has to serum similar to Skin Tac.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/25/2015 9:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I use Fixomull, since I need it to be hypoallergenic.I have got to have 5 and 6 weeks.I always carry them in my arms.

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
07/07/2015 6:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And how do you get so long for @Miguelten?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/07/2015 6:30 p.m.

I have not managed to stop with Fixomull.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/07/2015 7:27 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Fer do you already have the Coveen?How much has it cost you?How many wipes does it carry?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/07/2015 7:44 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Yes, I already have it, we carry 50 wipes the box, it's like the skin tac, it comes in individual envelopes, although for what I have read, it is less strong than the skin tac, it works, but I think that worse ... I'm about to buy meThe Skin Tac and I just tested all options!

The cost is about 10 euros.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/07/2015 8:03 p.m.

Where do Skin Tac sell in pharmacies?

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/07/2015 9:03 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.