{'en': 'Humalog, the new injectable insulin in Lilly pen', 'es': 'Humalog, la nueva insulina inyectable en pluma de Lilly'} Image

Humalog, the new injectable insulin in Lilly pen

fer's profile photo   07/03/2015 8 p.m.

Pharmaceutical Lilly launches in Spain Humalog injectable solution in preloaded pen (Lispro insulin in a concentration of 200 units/ml) to improve glycemic control in people with type 1 diabetes and type 2. It is presented in a preloaded pen that allows you to provide the dosenecessary with half of the injection volume that would be used with the presentation of Humalog (Insulina Lispro 100 units/ml) that was marketed in Spain since 1996.

Humalog 200 units/ml Injectable solution in preloaded pen does not need dose conversion, since its calculation is done in units, such as the rest of the insulins.In addition, the Kwikpen pen, improved, allows to administer the necessary doses of unit in unit, up to a maximum of 60 units.Non -dose conversion and maintenance of the same injection device seek to guarantee patient safety.

The appearance of Humalog 200 units/ml “can help improve the therapeutic compliance of diabetes because by injecting less volume of liquid, the patient may have greater well -being.In addition, insulin administration devices will last longer, which will need to go to the pharmacy to acquire medication, ”says Francisco J. Tinahones, head of the Endocrinology and Nutrition Service of the Regional University Hospital and the Virgen de Virgen University HospitalMalaga's victory.

Thus, this new therapeutic alternative provides both patients and health professionals plus treatment options to meet the needs of the individualized approach to diabetes.“Diabetes is a chronic and progressive disease that, over time, usually demands insulin dose increases to improve the patient's glycemic control.With the launch of the first fast action insulin of 200 units/ml we reaffirm our commitment to find answers for the needs of people with diabetes, ”explains Jesús Reviriego, medical director of Lilly Diabetes.

The new Humalog formulation 200 units/mL is intended for people with diabetes who need more than 20 fast -acting insulin units every day."These are the patients who will most notice the benefits of a greater reduction in the volume of liquid," Tinahones continues.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/03/2015 8 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The truth is that I am afraid that insulins coexist with different concentration.The consequence of an error can be serious if you get 200u/ml instead of 100u/ml

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/03/2015 8:40 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Today my heart doctor was about to put it in the recipe, I swear.And I am very bad that I knew it should be the normal of 100 units/ml, which would not have to know ...

At first he tells me "Well, I don't get to choose from on the computer, I think I have read something around that they are now 200 units."

In the end he found her, of course.

Luckily I only go to chap for recipes and for spare parts.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/03/2015 8:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I wonder if the units when regulating them in the ball can be confused with the 100, or although they will go from 2 in 2, what would be more logical, do not you think ??

fer's profile photo
fer
07/03/2015 10:35 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But it will be for people who put on many units for meals because I put 5 to eat (with this they would be 2.5 and I do not think they go on average on average) and at night 3 so for me it is not worth.
It would be better for them to get this concentration in the lantus that we get more, I think.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/03/2015 11:01 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

What I have believed to understand is that the units go one by one as in the rest of feathers, but a unit is equivalent to the double of a normal one.

That is, if you normally get 10 of the normal one, with that you would get 5, putting half the liquid in your body than normal, thus damage less the skin and such.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/03/2015 11:23 p.m.

If but those who put ourselves an odd figure would correspond to the average and if it goes from 1 in 1 .. as you are short or you pass from the dose, for example 5 would be 2.5 units, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/03/2015 11:27 p.m.

That seems ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/04/2015 3:46 a.m.

What I understand is that you put on the same units, but since it is twice the concentrate, the volume that you injected is half.
That is what I explain in chemistry class at the Institute, Jaajaa

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/04/2015 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, it will be so, and that they do the same with the Lantus that I put 10 -0-8 but there are people who get 40, who have to have their thighs and the rear crushed

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/04/2015 6:59 p.m.

I understand the same regina, it says there is no conversion, so I understand that 6 units you will have to put on a ball or another, but the amount of insulin that comes out will change because it is more concentrated

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
07/04/2015 9:16 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

I understand the same, do not select the volume that you get but the units (as with the current one), the difference is that to the same number of units the pen applies half in volume.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/05/2015 1:08 p.m.

And what does the volume matter?I don't understand

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/07/2015 1:06 p.m.

aranzazuleg said:
and do the volume do?I don't understand it

If you get a large amount the absorption speed (peak, effect duration ...) is modified, so reducing the volume can achieve greater stability and avoid lipodystrophy.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/07/2015 4:25 p.m.

Today they change from Humalog 100 to Humalog 200, the doctor's response: I can't find Humalog 100 therefore it has to be 200.
The units are the same, which happens that the pen injects half.

pickmalion's profile photo
pickmalion
06/01/2016 5:40 p.m.

@PickMalion Be careful with these 200 feathers, I mean when it comes to purge and change the needle.That you are formal on that subject.It is a high concentration.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have been with Humalog 200 for months, and you have to be careful that sometimes I miss more and sometimes less things about the ball, but I always put the same units 4 or 5 to eat, and 2 or 3 for breakfast, the only oneProblem is the mechanism that once fails one more unit to a unit except if you carry it very controlled changes a lot

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
06/07/2016 2:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.