I can't control my glucose

alejandra's profile photo   07/09/2015 10:15 p.m.

I will turn 3 years with my diagnosis, of type 2 diabetes at the beginning I had 130 of fasting glucose now I have 220 but in the afternoon I upload up to 370 use 30 units of glargine at night but I do not exercise and at most sweet bread butI do not know how to start to control myself in the insurance they give me one thing and the particular endocrine one does not know what is best if the pills rapid insulin combined with intermediate

alejandra's profile photo
alejandra
07/09/2015 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The best thing is that you control your diet, stop eating sweets and do some exercise.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/09/2015 11:57 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Alejandra, maybe you need a treatment with slow insulin (glargine) and fast before meals with hydrates.Slow insulin does not metabolize hydrates, so glucose raises you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/09/2015 11:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If that will do laire and regina, you think that glargine or intermediate insulin is better

alejandra
07/10/2015 1:34 a.m.

The Lantus (Glargina) has more duration (24 hours) and is more stable, which gives freedom of schedules in meals, combined with fast at each meal.The intermediate lasts less (12 hours) and has a peak of action that can produce abrupt hypoglycemia, if it does not match meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/10/2015 1:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would try to eat better before insulin.And do some sport.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/10/2015 2 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

I would first go to an endocrine that had an idea of ​​diabetes and of course having those levels the same is no longer a type II diabetes.Of course, exercise and try to eat well, of course, but that is or not you are diabetic although in this case, with more reason.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/10/2015 2:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

With the data you give, I am with @nigiri, the first thing is to put in the hands of a competent endocrine, and if it is also possible of an educator who provides you with the appropriate information to your circumstances and guides you a bit.Much encouragement that you will see how you dominate the situation immediately !!!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/10/2015 2:25 a.m.

If I will see that with exercise and food, my glucose levels go down ......

alejandra
07/10/2015 7:01 a.m.

nigiri said:
I would first go to an endocrine that had an idea of ​​diabetes ...
>

@Alejandra, I strongly recommend that you see an endocrine, it is better that you treat him with a professional who sees you in person and can follow up.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/10/2015 9:10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.