Cigarette and type1 diabetes

Anitaz's profile photo   07/11/2015 3:53 a.m.

Since I started with this debacle of my pancreas to the DT1 I smoked again: I not only smoked again, I can smoke 5 cigarettes in a row in a moment of crying ,,,,,, (I would not be taking my "debut" very well:X)

The question is obviously the cigarette does not go with anything and less with diabetes, but specifically what is the greatest risk associated with smoking?In the first moments of the disease, do not it harm it if I leave it later?Or can the damage occur from the beginning?The diabetologist did not seem very worried when I told him that he was smoking a lot ,,,,

Thank you!!

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
07/11/2015 3:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Anitaz.Well, you just have to see me.Tobacco directly affects the cardiovascular system, both micro and macro.Diabetes also Diabetex has a direct and very strong incidence on the circulatory system.You are doubling the risk of having a vascular accident at all levels.

For that double incidence more cholesterol I had myocardial infarction, and revascularization of two of the three coronary arteries with 5 stent, come on, I am here of a miracle.In addition to the erectile dysfunction that I have suffered.

Stop smoking now !!!!I know it's difficult, I remember tobacco, I liked smoking, but ........

Replace it for something, whatever you can think of, but leave it, you are killing you little by little, it is hard, if you have to cry, then cry, but leave it.

From experience.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/11/2015 11:03 a.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

@Anitaz here I leave you a topic with more information about tobacco and smoking.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/11/2015 2:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.