{'en': 'Nick Jonas confesses that diabetes has changed him at a creative level', 'es': 'Nick Jonas confiesa que la diabetes le ha cambiado a nivel creativo'} Image

Nick Jonas confesses that diabetes has changed him at a creative level

fer's profile photo   07/15/2015 12:31 p.m.

Nick Jonas has confessed that diabetes, or at least his diagnosis, has changed him in his way of composing songs.

More than a pretty face, the youngest of the Jonas brothers, the young man, now 22 years old, composes, sings and interprets several musical instruments.At age 13, a teenager Nick was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Since then, he has used his place under the spotlights of the show to talk about the disease.One of the first ways he used to talk about his battle with this condition was through the composition.

The theme "A Little Bit Longer", which he wrote for the band he shared with his brothers, talks about it, has said in a recent interview.«It was a song that made me very happy.It has been, in many ways, therapeutic, ”he confessed.

But not only has been limited to a single song.«The truth is that he has molded me as a person.Diabetes has had an effect on my creative life, in the way I approach a song and do everything, ”he said.

The singer has confessed that he has become a young model to follow for those who fight this condition.But at the same time, there have been other young people, their fans, who have helped him in their difficult days."That is beauty in building a community, and trying to be transparent about these things," he said.

Jonas has associated with Dexcom, the company that provides supplies to manage your diabetes daily."It is good to have tools that simply make it a little easier, since it can be very difficult, especially with a calendar like mine," he said.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/15/2015 12:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I did not know that it was diabetic, it is a good example for people to see that diabetes does not prevent your dream from reality.:)

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/24/2015 12:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.