Insulin allergic reaction

patri_caracol's profile photo   07/22/2015 10:22 a.m.

Hello!!I am new here.I have been very interested in this page because there are situations in which I would love to ask for opinion and experiences with this disease and I can't find anyone !!

Well, I'm Patri, I am 23 years old and I have type 1 diabetes since 4 years old, without diabetic relatives (he went to the root of pneumonia).

I currently have Medtronic Minimed insulin bomb and my hemo levels are 5.5 to 6 more or less.

Last week I went to the beach and I wanted to rest a little with the bomb since I have two summers with it in a row and the endocrine told me about again injecting the Levemir in summer.Apart from this..cateter and water ... I think that they are not made ... it is a cumbersome and it takes me very often despite having it correctly ...

Well, they prescribed my insulin and that same morning I took off my bomb, put the same units that put me two years ago 30 in the morning and 24 at night, alternating with a novorapid in meals ... That was a Wednesday ..Well, on Friday they started getting out of my arms ... the injection areas looked like erupting volcanoes and they hurt a lot and the ranches did not disappear ... the Saturday took an antihistamine to rule out a possible allergy ... but nothing... That day I got worse ... work already all over my body and increasing !!

My boyfriend was worried and on Sunday I decided to put on the bomb ... it gave me a lotAnd with the injections my Szucar levels were perfect, but of course ... this happened to me ...

Has anyone happened to anyone?

Forgive to put Don Quixote but already introduced me !!

Muchishisisiisms thanks and I wait for your response !!

A huge kiss to this great forum !!

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
07/22/2015 10:22 a.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hello @patri_caracol, welcome to the forum!, Here there are several foros that can give you more information, for the moment I advance that others have had similar experiences, you can read them on these issues:

Insulin allergy symptoms?
Link
swelling when I put insulin
Link
Allergy to Levemir
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/22/2015 10:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To me the Levemir caused me very intense and constant headaches.I read that it is a very rare side effect but that happens to us.Why don't you try with Lantus?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/22/2015 4:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I tried Lantus but I was not going well, I needed a lotLittle fly

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
07/22/2015 6:48 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hello!Something similar happens to me, I am a diabete since I have memory.1 year ago I changed from Lantus to Toujeo and notice improvements.Question, from the 5 months of using Toujeo, when I put the units anywhere in the body I felt after the application a local ardor and itching, such as an allergy.Consult with my doctor and told me to be allergic but recommended that you follow up on how those allergies are.Anyway they last 10 to 15 min.He also told me that it is possible because Toujeo insulin is a bit acidic.Greetings!

Luis Ch's profile photo
Luis Ch
02/07/2019 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.