Skin-Tac, Tegaderm and .......

Monica_LTD's profile photo   08/02/2015 11:39 p.m.

Hello everyone,

You are several who have talked about transparent dressings, especially seeing the possibility of getting them cheaper.

We have been looking at what is currently on the market and most resembles the skin-tac, which is the best result, according to your opinions.We tell you what, for the moment, we have found out:

1st Skin-Tac in origin is not expensive, the 50uds box.It costs 19.50usd (retail price).The problem is taxes and customs.The NO Sive laboratory outside the US. Small amounts.In Amazon they use them for more than 40uds.

2nd Tegaderm, 3m.We have come with them for a long time and they ignored us.We have tried again and more of the same.We are not important to them.

3rd We are in contact with Hartmann Laboratories, it has this product in individual and roll dressings to cut (some in the forum has commented that it is doing well).Along this week we will have your answer and we can tell you something.It is true that they have told us that they are not bad price and that they are quite good.

Our idea, in the event that the contact is positive, is to request a sample and send it to the forum members that you usually make "Indian bunny" with these things, so that you give us your opinion.If it is positive and the price is interesting we would consider marketing it.

We will keep you informed.

We leave you link to the Hartmann page to gossip a little:

Link

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
08/02/2015 11:39 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Very good,

We have bought No Novalab a 50UDS box for € 14, I say it in case the data is worth reference.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/03/2015 12:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

con_q_de_quimica said:
very good,

We have bought Novalab a 50UDS box for € 14, I follow it in case the data is worth reference.

With shipping costs?or more shipping costs?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 12:58 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hydrophil (without a clear apartment) of Hartmann is the one that I use, in individual container, instead of roll, which is much easier to put your alone if you carry the dexcom/ bomb in rare sites of difficult access and that you havethat handle with just one hand because the paper is removed in 4 steps and you are not stuck where it should not or wrinkle.It is super fine and I have a sensitive skin and more on the place where I put it on it does not give me any discomfort that with the tegaderm if
Let's see what prices give you monica and thank you for everything you are doing

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/03/2015 1:23 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

And since we are with this issue, has anyone tried the conveen towels?Maybe it is an alternative to Skin Tac.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/03/2015 1:24 a.m.

jconegar said:
con_q_de_quimica said:
very good, very good,

We have bought Novalab a 50UDS box for € 14, I follow it in case the data is worth reference.

I think that with shipping costs, we ask for it that the initial dexcom kit, as indicated on the invoice is € 14

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/03/2015 3:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am a friend of the Skin Tac, I want to try the liquid when the wipes are over.That type of

gala said:
and since we are with this topic, has someone tried the towels conveen prep?Maybe it is an alternative to Skin Tac.

I have tried it, in my body it has nothing to do with the Skin Tac.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 10:30 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

con_q_de_quimica said:
jconegar said:
con_q_de_quimica said:
con_q_de_quimica said:
very good,

I think that with shipping costs, we ask for it that the initial dexcom kit, as indicated on the invoice is € 14

When they send you something of Novalab, whether subscription sensors or something else that they have to send you do not charge shipping ketches because they are included in it.
You have to tell what it would cost to ask for only a box of wipes with the shipping costs that I think can be about € 20.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 10:31 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

gala said:
and since we are with this topic, has someone tried the towels conveen prep?Maybe it is an alternative to Skin Tac.

I bought a box of 50 several weeks ago, I put it before putting the dexcom patch, but it takes off in less than 12 hours, in the end the patch ends as struggling, I do not know if I do it wrong or that, butI can't make the patch last, I even think it would last me more if ...

I have also tried the Skin Tac, but something similar happens to me ... do you do something special for the Skin Tac?

I tried it but either I hard much ...

I clarify that I put it on the side of the belly and forward, theoretically it is recommended, but I don't know if so much or that ...

fer's profile photo
fer
08/03/2015 11:42 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer tell you when I do sports I have problems with the pump's catheter included with the Skin Tac, with the Dexcom patch no problem.I so much and sport always exceeds an hour and a half.I have to review with Skin on the third day I don't know why that difference between Dexcom and Cateter.However, with the beach and pool water no problem.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 6:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

You don't need to thank me.Also you with your collaboration in the forum contribute and carry more than me doing it, you want me.As I told you this is something we do more for pleasure than something else.

Jorge, how many days do you have the catheter on without changing it?Do you say that on the third day you start having problems?We change it every 3 days !!!!

We have received this afternoon from the Lab Comercial. Hartmann, will soon send us prices.He has told us, as is evident and of good commercial, that his product is one of the best for the use we intend to give him since liquid perspirates (sweat, etc ...) out and is waterproof from outside the skin.I hope you send us samples and I will make you reach the "sweaty athlete diabetics" (do not get angry) and try them .....

It is true that other people have told me, and even in the hospital, which is a good and very used product, as you know we usually take some products to a hospital in Madrid to give you their opinion.

Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 6:28 p.m.

One question ... There are two measures 6x7 and 10x12.5.What do you usually use?

Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 6:34 p.m.

The dexcom has already carried it on 24 days and without problems (I have endured up to 30 days working in the arms), put it where it puts it the same (the dexcom before it put it in the belly in the same place where I put the catheter of the catheter of thebomb and did not give me problems either).
I have the problem with the Comfort Short catheter (which enters angle and is manual), that half of the mordesty carries a plastic and I believe that the problem comes from there.In water and pool hours and hours and without problems, I have the problem when it comes to sweating a lot when I do sports, which is a long time that I am and takes off, it is also true that it takes a bit off the area that carries theplastic on the third day.But of course we are talking about intense sport, and that now is just street, fear gives me when it starts with the Indoor cycle and begins to give the classes and masters of 2 or 3 hours, and I do not tell you anything when I do more than 5hours.The last one I did that it was much more I don't know what had happened, I will have to hold it with Hipafix (tape that endures sweat).

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 7:13 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The strange thing is that you need insulin !!!!You do sports for you and for all of us !!!

Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 7:19 p.m.

Today I will try the Skin Tac again, the recommendation is to use it with the new patch, no? Today I put a new one and I would like to be safe, I apply the skintac with clean skin, I wait 30 seconds to dry and put the patch,So far everything good?

I hope this time endures more time, to see how such!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/03/2015 7:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Question! Do you have to shave the area before or something?

fer's profile photo
fer
08/03/2015 7:40 p.m.

@Monica_ltd now I have stopped almost three weeks by the bomb because the doctor wanted to see how the subject is going and I wanted to avoid the problem of a hypo, precisely today the ban has opened, ha ha ha.I'll start little by little, well I told him.Taking sports for meals and dinner at most I wear 2 or 3 units, and a basal of 12 or 13, sometimes I saw a lot of insulin ha, ha ha.

@Fer I am almost shaved whole ha, ha ha ha, (I lack the elbows at the hands ha, ha ha).If there is no hair what happens, you follow the famous video.
What I always do before starting clean very well with alcohol, I let the alcohol dry that there are no remains because otherwise the Skin Tac is annoyed.And then as you know.
Tell us how you are doing, I think you will have no problems, I am a strange case.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/03/2015 7:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Fer Equate, my boy is the yogi bear and was shaving in parts, of course in the pool it was a poem.Solution.Total shaving of the gut.

Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 7:58 p.m.

Monica, the measures of 10 x 12.5 and cuts a little because the 6x 7 measures a tad less than the Dexcom's own aposty 5.5 x 8.

Fer, the apostites and bandages in general always fix better if there is no hair.Normally if the area shaves.

@jconegar, I suppose that the adesive of the catheter and that of the dexcom will not be the same, that of the catheter as it is changed every 3 days will be more loose so that you do not snisty alive of so much change.
To me the dexcom that I have been for a month and neither itch or anything, when I take it away, I have the mark a storm if I had to put me again a week in the same place I do not know how long it would take time to protestña skin, less bad that it lasts almost a month and gives time to rest another until I put there again

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/03/2015 8:11 p.m.

Ok.ear!!!

Monica_LTD
08/03/2015 8:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.