First hypoglycemia

santi678's profile photo   01/05/2013 5:40 p.m.

Hello for a few months that I am user of insulin, today I have had my first hypoglycemia.My fear was to know if he would notice the symptoms, luckily if, I have noticed a discomfort, some dizziness, hunger and that only had about 2 hours of food.When I noticed this I have looked at my glycemia was 59. And at 20 minutes at 92. Taking advantage of the holidays I have thrown from a piece of nougat, it is also what I had by hand, hehe.

My doubts and fears are;These symptoms have not been very strong, which will happen if this happens to me while I sleep? Will they be enough to wake me up? It is a bit of fear I have, in addition to living, I only have a bit of the nocturnal hypo.

Another thing is a hypo so close to the food about 2 if it arrived? In addition, as a few days ago I am quite well (between 95 and 130) I have only applied the usual dose (9 novorapid units) without having to correct it.

Have if you have more experience you tell me something and thanks

Greetings

Santi

santi678's profile photo
santi678
01/05/2013 5:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holasss

Normally we have some symptoms that, over time, we quickly identify with hypoglycemia.In some are the sweats, in others hunger, others dizziness, headache, feeling weird ... there are enough and each of us.

Most people wake up with hypoglycemia, sensations are usually large enough for the body to wake up.
I do wake up at midnight is because I have hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia ... but not to shots: D
I always notice hypoglycemia during the night.

The usual thing is to have a hypo after meals (or because you have eaten few hydrates or because you have missed insulin) and in physical exercise situations.
So you have to be a little more pending at that time.
2 hours is normal, the digestion and effect of ultra -grape insulin have already been3 hours), a 40 in the glucometer and time and even of insulin effect is dangerous but dates back well.

With glycemia close to normal (like those 90-130 that you say) there is more likely to have hypos, it is being "on the edge of the precipice", you spend a bit and fall.

It is not highly recommended to put food with fats in a hypo ... On those occasions we tend to put "prohibited" donuts, muffins, nougat, dusty etc.They are meals with ultra -abuse carbohydrates, they raise glymia very slowly because it costs a lot to digest them, the sugar takes more than normal to pass to the blood.
Better put them inside a normal meal and calculate the corresponding doses.

Normally with a glass of juice with sugar or water with sugar + 2-3 cookies it is enough to trace a hypo.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/06/2013 2:21 a.m.

Thank you very much for your comments,

Regarding that eating at the hiccMy Kings gift, hehehe.I am many hours a day away from home and when I prepared my bag, where I wear all my "junk" for diabetes, I put some sugar envelopes, by the time those hypos arrive.This first hypo, caught me at my parents' house, that's why I threw myself through my nougat, at home I have nothing of these things, it was temptations.

Thanks again Owash,

Greetings

Santi

santi678's profile photo
santi678
01/06/2013 2:34 a.m.

The same is not the best to upload an hypo, but 59 is not something exaggerated and is so good ... hahaha

I admit that many times as what Owash has said that is prohibited.Sugar but there is anything at hand (I am very fed up with sugar), the juices is what is going best to me, but if the hicc is soft a little "sin" is not bad either :)

tica's profile photo
tica
01/06/2013 4:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Good and that the kings have brought you many things, Santi678 I am going to give you advice, be careful with the envelopes that, being paper when you have to use them, have to sew you rare to get the sugar scattered from the bag or lugad whereYou have put the envelope, I tell you from experience at the beginning were the envelopes (they end up spoiling, then pass to the sugar something similar to the envelopes, then the sugar wrapped in aluminum foil, which although they endure a little more to theThe same thing happens (also over time they take a rare flavor), now I carry it in the boats of the strips, also in each boat 20 grams enter approx.You can leave boats out there (car, work .....)

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/06/2013 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Well, very good idea of ​​the boats, there is nothing like experience.

Greetings

Santi

santi678's profile photo
santi678
01/06/2013 11:01 a.m.

Hello, what I see best for hypos is the glucosport in ampoules, which if you squeeze it much does not break.Another sleeping only at home I see it a bit dangerous.It would be better to be with parents or companions of floor or bride.
I will tell the last hypoglycemia of no son who is almost seven years old and weighs 23 kg, we have this two years, but on January 7 at half past nine I take the test and carried 62 for not waking it upSince it was a party I leave it another hour.At 11.30 I put the Levemir and as I knew that I was going to put the novorapid after breakfast.
I make milk begins to drink it and after five minutes it starts to commission, I did not know what I was going on, I had never seen it, in a matter of five more minutes I was already losing knowledge and convulsing very fast.Three minutes after the first seizure his mother put the glucagon and call 112.
Therefore I believe that the most dangerous hypos are the nocturnal, because during the day you realize what you feel, sweat, headache, paleness etc.But at night he doesn't find out anything, it was great my fault to move it an hour and a half after having done the first control.Because without lifting it from the bed with 100 cc of juice I would have saved the problem.
The conclusion that I take is that I am afraid that when I am older, it will stay alone at night.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
01/20/2013 4:56 p.m.

I hypos at night I notice them the same as for the day, I almost always wake up when I have one, once I pass it as 5 days or so always get up with the low sugar and one day I was no longer able to wake up and myMother calling me to get up and nothing woke up and when I woke up I started delirious and my fast mother gave me a juice and we went to the hospital, they told my mother that they had less bad that I had woken me up because otherwise I would have surely entered intocoma.
I never spent again and I always notice them and wake up quickly.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
01/21/2013 5:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.