Can I go to bed without eating?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/15/2013 3:49 p.m.

It happens to me that due to the heartburn for pregnancy I don't feel like dinner.But it is after dinner when I shed the basal, so the question would be if there would be risks of hypos during the night if I were without dinner and without clicking the corresponding bolus.As basal I use NHP insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2013 3:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Haribita, with the NPH you can give you bjada at night, because it makes a beak between the 5 and 6 hours of putting it .. I think it is better to take something when bedtime, a glass of milk or yogourt .. Why notThey will have put a flat insulin, such as Lantus or Levemir .. Have you asked?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2013 4:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, I asked.The pregnant women in Germany only prescribe the NPH for the possible side effects (although it seems that the last studies do not think the same) of other basal ones.

DiabetesForo
01/15/2013 4:35 p.m.

In addition to the peak that Regina tells you, it is dangerous for the issue of ketone bodies.We have to avoid how many hours of fasting can be because with diabetes we have more tendency to appear and are dangerous for the fetus.

Have you tried to take something for acidity ???I've been suffering acidity since the end of the 2 trimester and they prescribed me ranitida, it does not take it 100% but we are what a difference ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/15/2013 5:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

What Hize has worked out wrong.I took a glass of milk with cookies, I click 2 units of quick plus the 6 basal and at the time I was in 151, I did not correct.At 3 hours down to 69, I ate an energy bar and I have risen to 93. Breakfast has been worse and now I have the high ketones and a glycemia of 192. We are going to correct quickly and take more carbohydrates and I give myselfOne day to go to the hospital.

DiabetesForo
01/16/2013 6:02 a.m.

Haribita, 192 is a little high, but not to go to the hospital ... the other values ​​are good

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/16/2013 11:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.