Mexico City and hyperglycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/03/2015 5:59 p.m.

Hello everyone, I tell you how everything is going here.
Two days ago I arrived in the city of Mexico for the work and apparently stay for a few months.
Well at the beginning I assumed that the hyperglycemia of 180 to 250 were because of the difference in schedule with Spain or the plane the stress that it generates and everything else we have to take into account when we travel the type 1 diabetics.
Today, I realize that the lantus click boli has a fissure and therefore the cartridge is cracked.
Given such an incident, the first thing I can think of is here in the DF to Sanofi Aventis that is the manufacturer.
After providing several personal data to the telephone operator, it tells me that the 100 ml lantus cartridges is discontinued and it will not be possible to get it in Mexico sends Coj ... nes.
Mosqueado I find myself and without apparent solution to buy disposable in the pharmacy.
It seems incredible but true.
The curro all well but I walk with a bad milk that they do not see when you least expect something like that.
I appreciate in advance if someone from the forum knows about any alternative as they could buy or get an equal.

Greetings and thanks

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2015 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Buy in road and put it with syringe, meanwhile

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2015 7:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And you can try to put it in a single dose in the morning, to see if it covers you 24 hours

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2015 7:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I have doses for 3 months and here the SS does not cover, I will have to go for the syringe.
Thanks Regina
By the way I continue with the dose of 15 night and 20 tomorrow as you recommended and I was going wonderfully.
That always cognizates somewhat inopportune.

DiabetesForo
08/03/2015 7:46 p.m.

Well, to continue good, don't change anything then.
Remember that to load the syringe you have to inject air into the road.
But there has to be disposable Lantus bolis, even if they are not those of cartridges, they work just as well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2015 11:48 p.m.

regina said:
and you can try to put it in a single dose in the morning, to see if it covers you 24 hours

Hello Regina, I went to a single dose of Lantus at night from 30 to see how I am doing, I had a very ugly 320 hyper that corrected with 6 of Humalog, obviously that is to say that I no longer had the long time of the previous day bythat of the change of a single application.
In the morning after eating the toast and injecting 8 of Humalg, go up at the time to 234 then drop at two hours to 162 and at three hours in hicc as 60, this is still rare.
Let's see how we are doing today.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/13/2015 3:54 p.m.

@Afterego when you make a change of pattern awaits a couple of days to see if it has worked or not.
About breakfast my recommendation is that you put the humalog at least 15-20 minutes before starting to eat

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/13/2015 7:16 p.m.

Inday said:
@afterego when you make a change of pattern awaits a couple of days to see if it has worked or not.
About breakfast my recommendation is that you put the humalog at least 15-20 minutes before starting to eat

Thanks Inday.
Good apparently the situation is already better and with more acceptable levels although this weekend two slight hypos one Saturday and another on Sunday.
15 km walks obviously influence the result
The dosing goes like this
Lantus 16 at night at 9 pm and 14 at 9 am.
Lunch 4 to 8 units according to HC Index Potato Pasta Pasta etc.
Dinner a tea or soup in low calories or tomato with French tortilla cheese because something with few HC.
Breakfast between 4 to 6 units depending on whether there was a rise with the effect of ALBA at 6 am in that case Correction 2 extra units of Humalog.
I have tried according to the case correct the application if I am about 100 apply half an hour later the insulin at breakfast. If I am about 130 I apply half an hour before as your suggests.
What has given me more problems with the change of domicile is breakfast precisely something that I was going to wonder.
Do not see the desire I have to get that Dexcom, yesterday send the message to see that they answer me later I keep you aware of how we evolve with the order.
Thank you so much.

PS: What I would like to know if there is agun barbecue to get the cheaper sensors once having everything, but we are going through steps what is first first.

DiabetesForo
08/17/2015 3:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.