New in the forum - Gestational Diabetes

tedesca40's profile photo   01/23/2013 6:24 a.m.

Hello everyone.
I am tedesca, I am pregnant with 20+0 and last week I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.I already had it in my first pregnancy, although six weeks after delivery, diabetes had already disappeared.This time they have done the test before the previous pregnancy in view of my background and the values ​​do not go well.
In the first pregnancy you can maintain the values ​​within the limits with a very strict diet (carbohydrate restriction but without calorie restriction: I could eat all proteins, fats and vegetables that you wanted) and regular exercise.In the last two weeks of pregnancy it was very difficult for me to keep the values ​​at bay, for the hair I did not have to start pricking insulin.My daughter was born well of everything, there was no macrosomia or had hypoglycemia after birth, so all the sacrifice was worth it.
If there is any other mom who has gestational diabetes or who has gone through it, I will be delighted to exchange experiences.Tomorrow I have my first appointment at the Diabetes Clinic (on Friday I had an appointment with an internist to which the gynecologist referred to me but, in my humble opinion, he told me a few barbarities and made me feel quite little comfortable - it is not that I intendKnow more about gestational diabetes than her, but some things I learned in my first pregnancy and, above all, if what I did then did well, why change radically now?).I have started with the diet, with regular glucose measurements (four times a day, the values ​​have to be below 90 on an empty stomach and below 140 an hour after eating) and with the control of ketones and, for now, everything is going well, although my body is costing to get used to the new pace of meals.
Greetings to everyone and thanks for sharing so much information.

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
01/23/2013 6:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome: d

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2013 7:20 a.m.

Welcome!

There is a sub forum called experiences with diabetes, you will find a topic called pregnant with diabetes ... you will like it.;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
01/23/2013 1:06 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Thanks for the welcome, Elena, Nana.I will go through the pregnant forum, it is a good idea, I did not know where to start.There are so much information here!

tedesca40
01/24/2013 3 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

Smeam wherever you want: D and ask everything you want

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2013 2:04 p.m.

Thanks for the welcome, Owash!I have already been sniffing and I will continue to do so, do not hesitate, you learn a lot here :-)

tedesca40
01/27/2013 5:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.