Gym

ray-ban's profile photo   02/23/2013 3:15 p.m.

Good I wanted to know your opinion about exercising regularly and diabetes.I am in a gym and I usually exercise regularly every week (something that requires a lot of willpower) but it is so complicated to exercise when you have good diabetes may not be the word, but surely you know what I mean, take some food before each exercise, control the intensity and time of exercise so as not to have hypoglycemia, and then keep in mind that at 6h you can lower the sugar (that is, when it is night and you are sleeping) etc;All this makes me consider if it really is worth exercising, we go if all this effort of more we do is worth something more than being square (which is nothing wronghadded).
The little that I have noticed is that my response to insulin is better that is, I am wrong to prick and I can better control the sugar in general, but we are perhaps with a little more controls I could get the same or clicking more insulin notHE.
Well that, what is your experience and opinion about exercising.
Thank you.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
02/23/2013 3:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am minimalist in the exercise: D
Walking seems to me the best option: it's free, easy, you control much better hypers and hypers, you don't depend on anyone or hours.

Exercise decreases insulin resistance, cholesterol improvement and cardiovascular capacity in general.
With insulin alone, you don't get all that.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2013 11:40 a.m.

Or you find a sport that hooks you or "do sports" is the most boring and hard in the world.And you are right that it will be very good ... but for the control of diabetes it is shit ... at least at the beginning.
I love it and I am looking forward to "the discharge of pregnancy" to be able to run, because it is my time, the time to disconnect from everything.He brings me a lot and you can take the trick to glycemia.In addition, it helps stay in a good weight and reduce insulin resistance.
Give it a little time and you decide, whether it compensates you or not.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/28/2013 8:03 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, for someone who "gets into the car" of the sport, it can cost him a little habitu, which is not easy.Many people despair and leave because their diabetes goes to the guano when sports starts.But as I say, it is a matter of knowing what you should play in your treatment and what you should do in each sports session.I do 4 days per week of aerobics and weights and I do well, but the truth, I do not notice the greatest insulin sensitivity.In fact, I think the sensitivity is going down over the years, which makes me sick.But well, apart from that, I do well.And at least, what I get is an improvement of my form of form, my aerobic capacity, my analytics are great (there it is fixed, especially in cholesterol) ... in short, which is something recommended with as much importance asinsulin itself or diet;at the same level.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/04/2013 9:50 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I exercise 4 or 5 days per week, without exaggeration, a daily tightA more ration of carbohydrates and then advanced dinner, my appetite is voracious throughout the day so I am doing well.In August I bought a spinning bike that I have in the guest room, there are no guests: P, on the rainy days or I want to sweat the fat drop I planted my best galas and wing, to give it a cane and to release stress.Only you have to like the exercise, but you like the best you can do is walk long and lying, it also works for glucose and the body thanks you.
An opinion, greetings;)

garlea's profile photo
garlea
03/05/2013 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.