{'en': '"Bulk" at the injection place', 'es': '"Bulto" en el lugar de la inyección'} Image

"Bulk" at the injection place

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/24/2013 2:16 p.m.

Hello,

I would like to know how to avoid forming a lump in the place of injection and the reasons that determine it states when trying to apply it in an belly area and just next to that point.

Thanks and Salu2!

Pedro

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2013 2:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Are you talking about Lantus?
When Lantus is injected a little because its pH is different from the skin ... the effect is passed right away.

You have to reuse needles.
in each puncture new needle.

I think you got, something like 50 and some units of Lantus ... are probably too many to prick them at once.The subcutaneous tissue is not immense, it has a limited capacity and if that capacity is exceeded the bulge you mention.Maybe you could divide the lantus into 30 y25, for example ... click 2 times.

If the bulge is a lipodystrophy (a lump occurs because it is click too many times in the same place) you have to forget that area and choose a different one to put the lantus.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2013 11:52 a.m.

Thanks Owash:
This I do as advised.I put 30 in one place and 25 in the other and with a new needle and I inject it into the "belly" because it is comfortable and that there is even for a 5 cm needle.

I put it well perpendicular to the belly and I don't feel it, but there is a see yes.Now I am thinking that when it hurts it is not well perpendicular and that is why the impression of being clicking the intestine.I will check it.

As always, thank you very much Owash for being always throwing a hand.

Pedro

DiabetesForo
02/26/2013 4:05 a.m.

Hello, I from Lantus now shed 16 and I also get lump and before I click less and I also came out, but not only with Lantus with the humalog kwikpen they also usually leave and that I skeA few days and do not because.

yuregtf's profile photo
yuregtf
02/26/2013 2:56 p.m.

The fact that blood comes out is because we click on some glass ... then put it slowBefore and after clicking ... that m towards bruises ami so stop doing it, make a good skin pinch, another advice nose ...

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
05/31/2013 10:26 a.m.

Aisehh Owash, which would have helped me your lipodystrophy comment 6 years ago = D>
I have been in the first 2 years of the first 2 years of the first 2 years of clicking on the gut, a little piece of Tripita sank, a concavity, and for me quite deep, near the navel, and my endocrine of at that time there were noSeen such a case, and that was an older lady, he said he had only read it when he studied it.I felt a weirdo :( until asking about there and looking for other opinions they told me that it was a muscular lipodystrophy and that only with not clicking in the area for a while I would leave, and indeed, but it had to spend 1 year very wellAnd I already recovered my gut, there was no hole in my gut hehe.

valky's profile photo
valky
09/24/2013 8:07 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hi @Farylongo to me personally, something similar happened to me, I tell you what my current system is.
The lantus applied 34 units per day, as recommended @owash The solution is to apply it twice, tomorrow and night. With this change you will get the lantus better to you at least it has given me better results.
The other is to see what needles you use, I used 6 mm and now 8 mm and this has also helped me a lot.
greetings

DiabetesForo
11/03/2015 8:42 p.m.

Hi, I got bultitos before, now with the "tripita" that I have developed I have more surface to choose.

If you have enviable abdominals, then you only have to improve the pinch technique, rotate the pichazo area quite planned, change the needle frequently, try that the "bezel" of the needle is in sight, that is,That the tip of the arrow is down according to the ball from above.

Also "pica" the more cold it is, so if in winter you leave it 5 minutes outside the fridge before clicking it better.

I guess they are things that nurses already tell you, but in case it can use you ...

DiabetesForo
11/04/2015 12:10 p.m.

@Farylongo, I spend with Lantus and Apidra sometimes, it is not that I click great amounts 14 of Lantus and Apidra according to food, but my solution just like @Afterego was to change my needle to 8mm, with the smallest noI entered correctly

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/04/2015 2:19 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

To avoid those "packages" you always have to change my place and a trick of mine: I start the high arm of the right arm a day;Then I descend right leg and;the same;Then the left side in the same way and so, rotatively I do so many years and I have never suffered lipodystrophy, and always, tilting the needle when it enters the skin;We have a large surface to apply in body;Do not forget it !!!!!!Good luck to all: -H

ani's profile photo
ani
04/13/2016 9:55 p.m.

Good afternoon I am new in the forum and I am seeing that everyone or case uses needles of 8 mm or less.I have been told that for an adult we are not going to be children the needles are about 12 mm someone can tell me what the difference is and what the most recommended.
Thank you

lidiaem's profile photo
lidiaem
05/25/2016 7:09 p.m.

@lidiaem, against more mm more inclined you have to put the needle so that the injection is not intramuscular.I always use five and I am not a girl girl;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/25/2016 9:56 p.m.

I used 6 mm and on the last visit they gave me 5mm

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/25/2016 10:27 p.m.

I use 5 and a totally flat skewer.I don't have much fat.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 10:46 p.m.

Hello, I am with Ana Isabel's comment, I believe that 1983 I tried the first future preloaded penThe insulin The hole of the needle up if you do not want me to give you or get to prick 90 degrees without pinch eye boy told me you are thin you will have to use a thinner needle, whenever the last line is to throw the insulin sinceYou are and every injection fluid in fact the feathers for putting a novorapid example when it marks 12 units are really 25, up -up hole 67 degrees I use a 5 mm needle because I am thin in fact with 8mm I usually put it in the muscle.Always charge in the direction of load I never turn to the charger in the opposite direction by reducing units if I pass by Go depending on what I am going to eat attempt that I go hand in hand for putting another example with my insulina novorapid charge 4Units The first drop that comes out is the next injection liquid, two units come out and the liquid stays in the fourth drop of two units three jotas and use the mechanics that I see thumb so that I need to make effect I have the best I am moreFast 2 ultra slow three accelerated a little like that.What I say refers to me, I am never giving advice, I tell you in confidence, I am a disaster what is commonly known as a stony or summer storm.If I inject the tita and I have to place basal and fast I will separate both from a lot of distance in an area of ​​the skin that a tougher may hygge the needle opening to the other side that does not gather with the bag formation bagMy endocrine calls it.With the insulin that went from the ancient cinema it was a levemrI began to twist the control formed bags and continuous problems.They convinced me to go to the modern ones I think they are called analogues, the regular human insulin I remember that they explained to me when I helped their design that was transparent but at the entrance to the human body it became cloudy, and let's be honest there is no exact photocopy ofBasal insulin since how you take shows if the stomach gets into a pressure cooker.Click Insulina, with the needles that GIVE THE BUENO SOCIAL SECURITY I have come to buy needles that are worth 41 we feel the unit and it is like to put the insulin, do not touch 10 years to this part they give us a cheap material and could provide ussomething better.I do not usually make many friends talking about diabetes as I speak but I give my opinion and what I see sure someone sees the same as me.Good advice has given Ana Isabel.All the best

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 3:03 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.