Glycemic stability?

romevila's profile photo   02/24/2013 5:31 p.m.

Hello
I have been with the bomb for 3.5 months, I am very happy, but what happens to me is the following: I do not have 2 days in a row without some rise for no reason or a drop that spoils my socks, according to my glucometer.

Also in the last February analytics the Hemo had it at 7.8 ...... In January they made it capillary and I had it at 6.9, I thought I was even improved in February, according to the glucometer I came out 6, 1 and when I collected the analytics I find that gift.

They repeat the analytics this month, since I tpoco the endocrine square a lot ... well, after this roll and knowing that each one is a world, I ask: did it cost you a lot to succeed with the basal with the bomb?I must also say that my insulin needs are much greater in the afternoon, above all, in the morning (the other way around the world).The ratio and sensitivity factor have it controlled in the heart, I must say that I wake up anxiety and "notice" how the glucose rises, for example, apparentI climb the basal, I am 3 days and the fourth day the blood glucose rises again.It's like to go crazy.
I hope someone helps me.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/24/2013 5:31 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Pos no idea, hear;)

Well, seriously.

If you stabilize a blood glucose, I think it is a good result already.
Improveable (perhaps) but a good result in which anyone could sign it.

There are 2 options:
- Keep looking until you find a stable pattern of your glycemia
- Assume that your glycemias do not follow any pattern

For the first case:
1.- Glucemia to Cascoporro ... I imagine that from 6 daily you will not go down right now.You would have to put glycemia at dawn, at different days at different times.
1 bis.- Put continuous blood glucose sensor (blind or not, no matter).1 week would give enough information to try to seek explanation.In the HGUV I don't think they have ... or yes:-/
2.- Point everything you do, eat, breathe and happen to you (including stress).
3.- Relate point 1 and point 2

For the second case (although it is also worth the first: Mrgreen :)
1.- Divide the day into 3 parts: morning, afternoon and night
2.- If you get along 2 of the 3 parts it is already a success.During the day you can modify and correct, with meals or with extra bolus ... at night it is another song.

If you managed to decipher any glycemic response pattern, you can always design different basal and activate as you see.Having a somewhat conservative profile and another more hypoglycemic profile ... I guess in the case of Roche can also be done as in Medtronic, although I am not very sure of that.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2013 11:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Romevila, something that worked for us to take well the basal is to have more or less the same carbohydrates and the same fats .... the glycemic index is very important and as I have already commented many times the proteins and how they are madeI don't even tell you ... Have you tried to put on a quadrate bolus at night?Of course, you have to make the effort to measure the post and the post pos (another 2-3 hours after the post) ...
That is why it is very important that you notice everything, until you breathe as Owash says, :)) :)) :)) :)) .... You are already telling us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2013 2:59 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Owash and Velia
I look at glycemia at 3 in the morning and there is the climb ... but of course, not always, sometimes if, sometimes not.I have become all night awake "lurking" and I measured every hour ..... a pass mine.We have, and when I say we mean the endocrine and I changed the basal and it has worked for me 4 days: Evil: .... I am like an unbroken teenager :))

Owash, I already took the continuous meter of the General Hospital for more than a year and according to the Aperacejo that did not have "phenomenon of dawn" or "Sonia phenomenon", I do not know .... it is as if it were returning to 17: Mrgreen:

What worried me was to have a hemo in January 6.9 and Zas in February 7.8 ....... a disgust I took (to everyone with the bomb I lowered a lot, less to me, of course, of course).

Velia, I keep pointing everything, ancient, it is the custom already, look that the endo more like to see my notebook than the graphics:-/

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/25/2013 3:46 p.m.

Although Owash does not like this method,) it seems to me the most efficient to calculate basal.It consists of partial fasting.In this way the insulin of the Bolus and the basal is differentiated.

I spend a link where they explain very well .Just make a couple of notes that the endocrine said, not make two fasts in a row, wait 2 days so that the body does not get used to and try to complete all the sections in less than 2 weeks.

I carried out this a couple of years ago and managed to lower hemoglobin more than one point, I did it with the continuous meter that is easier to see the glycemia tendency.

Another advice is dinner soon, few fats and "simple" carbohydrates.That is not pasta with a heavy sauce or oily fried potatoes.A cooked potato salad, or pasta.Fruit ... Things so they are easy to digest and try to spend 3 hours before the last blood glucose to be able to correct and thus spend the night well (if the basal is well calculated)

tica's profile photo
tica
02/28/2013 7:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have been reading articles and I found the phenomenon of sunset.
Characterized by hyperglycemia from 6 pm, or what is the same insulin needs from that time strip, 20-30%are triggered ... very frequent in very young children.
It's like the effect of dawn but in the afternoon

Romevila is 4 years old :)) :)) :))
That is the explanation
You will tell us your secret, hahahaha

more seriously.
Tell your endo, this of the phenomenon of sunset, to see what you think ... and if you get on the basal in that time strip.

Practical guide Link Isci of thirst:

Page 11, almost at the end

DiabetesForo
03/02/2013 3:36 a.m.

Hello

Tica, your link is not opened, but thank you very much.

Owash, if I read yours, I will tell the endocrine, in addition my basal are not too high, and my tpoco ratios are high, I look like a primary girl, in short ....: ((((((((((((((((((((((((

romevila's profile photo
romevila
03/03/2013 10:07 a.m.

Good I have been adjusting basal for almost a year and I lack the food to the snack that I was testing but I change it the last time I went (in the end I put 0.1 more than what I had adjusted, soI think I must continue adjusting it, because the snack came or very fair or with hiccIt gives me that if or why I have several days that my throat bothers me, it is that it joins everything, I have had to upload the breakfast and mid -morning ratios, and I think that of dinner I also have to upload it (this is what II will start trying today) because before at 2 hours it was at a reasonable value to go to sleep without correcting and with that I endured all night, I got up well and now weird is the day after dinner I do not have to correct.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
03/03/2013 10:46 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Let's see if the http: // www.Novalab.es/diabetes/bombas/i ... Cando.html

tica's profile photo
tica
03/04/2013 9:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica, now I have opened it.Very instructive.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
03/04/2013 11:12 a.m.

Good afternoon to all:

In February he had been put on the insulin bomb, ACCU-Chek Spirit Combo brand.From a hem of 8.1 I have managed to lower it to 6.6.The purpose is that I want to get pregnant.
Now that I have read Romevila and the advice you have given him, to see if you could help me.I am from about ten days, that eating my rations, I put the insulin with the bomb and after half an hour the sugar lowers me.It is not necessary to take sugar to recover because then I do controls and I am in the clouds.Does anyone know what to be due to this?In part, it has happened to me as Romevila, I was doing hair controls and I had a hem between 6.5 and 6.8.The last time I went to the endocrine I had sent me a general analytical and was 7.1.I am a bit tristona, because eating and always doing the same thing I find explanation to those downs and then to the increases they give me and according to the endocrine, above 7 I do not recommend being pregnant.
Thanks in advance for the help you give me.
Greetings.

María's profile photo
María
03/31/2013 3:07 p.m.

Well, you have to do the same as always;When we want to improve glycemic control, there is no other than to return to the origins and look for answers or patterns: glycemia and point everything we do, eat or have.

When you say that at half an hour the sugar goes down ... Have you measured it?

things that can happen ...
Problems with the bomb?Do you change all every 3 days?
Try to put the catheter in places other than usual, for example almost on your back;You still have a slightly more saturated area and insulin does not make you the same effect.
Have you stopped exercising? Even if it's walking? ...
Do you eat something new?Maybe you are getting more carbohydrates without realizing
If you have risen some weight, it is usually normal to need some more insulin ...
Try to put the dose after eating (if you don't do it), you will avoid the low you comment ...

Between 6.8 and 7.1 there is no excessive difference, do not take it so accurate, values ​​can be altered by many things.

DiabetesForo
04/01/2013 7:50 a.m.

Thanks Owash for the tips.The truth, that after a month watching me, now I go much better.You were right, it is best to return to the origins and see what failures.
In my case, I think it was to replace the exercise with the work chair.Now that I have come back to walk in the afternoon, I have greatly improved.Let's see in the next review with my endocrine if I confirm it and I can get to my wish.
Very grateful and again, thank you !!

María's profile photo
María
04/30/2013 8:21 p.m.

The important thing is that you have solved it thanks to your effort.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2013 4:48 a.m.

hello!I am with the phenomenon sunset ... that of walking is doing well?so much is it?And what would be, half a horita or so?I am also trying to lower the hemo to get clutch ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/05/2013 2:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Intruda, I also have that phenomenon and that of dawn (I sign up for everything, haha) and with the bomb you simply have the basal in the afternoon.
I put the sections that I am getting, but not to compare (I am also with breastfeeding and I have lowered the needs of the basal), so you can see how they can change the needs during the day.
In the morning I put 0.3 from 14 I rise to 0.5 at 6 pm I climbed to 0.75 and at night I pass it with 0.4 and at 6 in the morning 0.8.I would not put me to exercise if you did not do because in pregnancy the first thing that told me was that I forgot about sport, walk a little yes, but little

tica's profile photo
tica
08/05/2013 5:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

We are phenomenon hehehe you are also right ... better to follow my usual routine ...
If the doses vary by sections, yes ...
Now mine are:
00:00 - 04:00 0'5
04:00 - 08:00 0'9
08:00 - 11:00 0'6
11:00 - 15:00 0'7
15:00 - 21:00 0'9
21:00 - 00:00 0'5

And the corrections, at 200, 1'5 ...

There are days that are better than others, to see if we give soon with what it touches: D

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/05/2013 5:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.