Glycemic index

Anitaz's profile photo   08/18/2015 6:43 p.m.

Hello!They would tell me if it is possible to carry a diet exclusively with low glucemic content (meats, cheeses, eggs, vegetables, fruits).To carry such a low diet in carbohydrates, is less insulin needed?That is, would less punctures be necessary in a DT1?Is it possible to carry this long -term diet?Does anyone do it?thank you!!

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
08/18/2015 6:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you provide enough nutrients, there is no major problem, unless you consume excess protein, which does not suit.
The dose of insulin, depends on the carbohydrates you ingest, but, fruits and vegetables also have them.It is a matter of testing what dose you need.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2015 7:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Less punctures will not put yourself, just less units.Think that muscles also feed on HC as well as the brain.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/18/2015 8:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am eating like that since I was diagnosed with DM 1 and I hardly need fast insulin, but I need it even if they are 2 units.Not as rice or pasta, but as bread (2.5 HC rations in breakfast, integral).As a lot of vegetables and quite fruit, and TB milk (1 HC ration in snack) and yogurt.Those are my sources of HC, they are restricted but are enough, because I am not thin.Well, now, I only have 4 kilos to get to the goal.When I reach the Normopeso, I plan to continue eating the same: meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit and milk and derivatives, with my good portion of bread in the morning, and I will allow my rice or pasta type occasionally, once a week,as long as it does not fat.Eating thus, post-food measurements shoot little and I can maintain very good levels.No cookies, nor coffee sugar, nor alcohol ... I carry it quite well, and I recommend it to everyone.Despite being sick, I feel healthier than ever.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
08/18/2015 8:26 p.m.

Thanks for your answers!I am implementing food with the least possible IG ... I am even thinking about eliminating yogurt and milk since despite having under glymic index they have high insulin index (?) What complex is everything!How many things I ignored!A new world!
Need less insulin is better for the body?I mean, make it easier to control the disease?Help prevent complications? ...

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
08/18/2015 11:44 p.m.

No, insulin dose is not proportional to complications.
Risk is proportional to glucosylation?of the organism, and that is detected by glucosylated hemoglobin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2015 12:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Be very careful that good hemoglobin can come out and have complications.Hemoglobin is the average glucose for a period of time, if there are many high climbing peaks (250 for example) and many of descent (40 for example) there is no high value of hemoglobin but you can have complications with much likely.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/19/2015 2:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I believe that the time is more influenced that is exposed to high glucose.And the percentage of hemoglobin that is glucosila is proportional to the entire organism ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2015 2:36 a.m.

Estabikidad is also important, of course .., but in a type1, there are always hypos and hyper ..
The important thing is to detect them soon and treat them.
Even so, the years of evolution add risks ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2015 2:42 a.m.

With respect to HC, my daughter has a diet with 23 daily HC rations, and both her endo, and her educator, as the pediatrician who knows her since she was born, have stressed the importance of taking all HC, of ​​thisIts physical and mental growth depends, and that it will not need more or less insulin, rather it will depend on the daily exercise.It is also true that with 13 years it is quite thin and do not want me to lose more weight, measures 1.74 and weighs 49 kg.and practice athletics.
The prince seemed to me a barbarity, but when the three tell us the same, some reason will carry .... I guess .....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/20/2015 10:34 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.