This will be true ??

campanilla's profile photo   04/01/2013 12:20 p.m.

New pills could replace insulin injections

Australian scientists developed a revolutionary preparation that can replace insulin, consumed orally and can convert diabetes therapy into a simpler procedure.

The authors of the invention, a group of scientists from the University of Curtin, Australia, led by Professor Erik Helmerhortst, over 10 years studied millions of chemical compounds, included in different pharmaceutical databases, trying to copy the molecular map ofInsulin.

When performing the analysis of three million compounds, the researchers found one that could release diabetes patients from the endless insulin injections or special devices that facilitate the supply of the preparation that contains the elevation of the blood glucose level.

The new drug will help patients suffering from type 1 diabetes (characterized by the absolute deficiency of insulin hormone) and also those with type 2 diabetes.

According to a recent study by British analysts, the total number of people in the world suffering from this disease increased in the last three decades of 153 to 347 million.Experts warn that this figure could double every 15 years

Pills will replace insulin injections
Oh soon, to replace insulin injections, science will make the antidiabetes pill available to diabetics.This will be possible thanks to a Spanish scientist, Fernando Peláez -director of the Basic Research Center in ESOPA (CIBE) -, who during the search for a substitute for insulin in more than 130 thousand samples of natural products discovered the substance in a fungusof plants of African origin.

It should be explained that insulin is impossible to be administered in pills because gastric juices destroy it.It never reaches the blood if it is ingested instead of injected.

The finding of this alternative compound demonstrates the feasibility of locating orally absorbed molecules that work just like insulin, which opens the door to an oral treatment that substantially raises the quality of life of the diabetic,
Insulin without injections

We have studied the effect of pills on children who developed diabetes at six months of life and treatment has been a success, "said Pal Rasmus Njolstad, professor at the University of Bergen.

Doctors now investigate the possibility of dealing with pills to adolescents and adults affected by this same type of diabetes.

I have seen it on a page but I don't know if it will be true or if within a few years it could be
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
04/01/2013 12:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I read it but I am very skeptical ... On the one hand they say that something similar to insulin has been discovered:-/ And on the other they say that insulin has to survive gastric juices and reach the small intestine and there "open"so that I can get to blood ...
complicated

In the best case, the next problem is to see the doses and if the assimilation of the new insulin is homogeneous ... that are the same doubts that happened with inhaled insulin.
What happens when you have intestinal problems, diarrhea or vomiting ... if a type of food or another influences ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/01/2013 12:52 p.m.

Well, you're right, so that Yege I see I see it complicated hehe very complicated but hey jej
Greetings and thanks again

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
04/02/2013 6:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.