First vacation with my diabetic son

aranzazuleg's profile photo   08/24/2015 10:46 a.m.

We have already returned from the first vacation on the beach with my 22 -month -old son, I tell you to encourage the debutants of these ages, because I had a lot of doubts that in the end they have resolved on the fly.

My summary is to live a little per day, because after so much dirting for the forum with how to remove the bomb, as not to lose the patch, etc.Everything has been much easier than I expected.
And the best, my son enjoyed like any of the beach.

I tell you more or less, what we did, from the second day, because the first was a disaster.

We lowered it with the pump, with its diaper and its swimsuit, if it is true that the bomb was carried in a fitness cover, they are some covers that are a bit waterproof, the zipper is quite airtight, what you avoid is that it does notget to get wet or not between the sand.
And then at 11 of the Mñn that he does not have insulin at that time because we disconnected it and even one could do what we wanted.
The pump put it in a hermetic mobile case, of those that sell submersible for the mobile, and thus remained totally protected.

The only special thing is that we put a Tegaderm patch and removed the swimsuit when he left the sea to avoid excess moisture in the body, but that I think everyone does.

Breasts and potatoes, encouragement !!That everything goes well, even if we eat our heads, that in the end they go ahead, that is basically what I wanted to tell you.

I am happy, my son has enjoyed as another child and with that it is more than enough.:-)

You have to be happy with those who touch us !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/24/2015 10:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To continue like this, Aránzazu, that the bomb helps a lot and I suppose that the nights will be good.My daughter could have already had her, and not that traitor NPH., With whom we did not sleep a night in a row.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2015 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Anzazuleg I'm glad that everything has gone well and your little one has been able to enjoy the holidays to the fullest :-).As you say, life is two days and one has already happened so you have to try to be everything happy.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/24/2015 6:41 p.m.

What is NPH?
We always look at it around 2 of the Mñn to stay calm, and for the moment very well, with the bomb if it is true that it is easier to control the descents, it is easy to carry a more stable diabetes, at least that seems to me,I with the bolis are easier for a day 200 without coming to the story or I give me a low, that if, when the fault bomb is put with 400 in an hour, which I have never had.

aranzazuleg
08/25/2015 9:20 a.m.

The NPH is an insulin of intermadia action, if you are diabetics since you were sure that you have used it because there was nothing else, ee in roads, of non -transparent whitish color and the label had the green line (normal green, theDark green was the ultratar that came out later).
The NPH marked the hours of the breakfast-media-food-merienda-cena-resopone meals and if you delayed down to song and if you got ahead you climb because I had the very marked action peaks.
He put himself in the morning and at night, let's go an authentic cognizage, always pending the hour

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/25/2015 11:54 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

What is now the Levemir?

I carried the slow and fast boats that mixed, and then some bolis with the mixture already made, I punctured me in front of each meal ... but I do not remember very well, it is many years with Lantus ..... TB It is true that I am older than your daughter, and the diabetes started very late, immediately they went to adults, I was in the Infant from 14 to 17.

aranzazuleg
08/26/2015 1:08 p.m.

Do not let's read it is much slower than the NPH, you carried 2 punctures in the morning and at night and nothing else, you did not get fast because the insulin peaks coincide with the time of the food, so you could not change the hours of the hours ofmeals.Pending the clock all the time.
What year did you start?The feathers with mixtures began quite later

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/26/2015 1:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I became at age 13-14, so in 93-94 I would make me diabetics, I don't remember well, surely my mother tells you until the day, hehehe ... I know it went to a summer.

But of course I already had shatter, she was not a 5 -year -old girl like your daughter, mine would be easier, I already left the hospital by clicking on me and noticing downs.

aranzazuleg
08/31/2015 10:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.