Different measures same glucometer

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/04/2013 2:15 p.m.

Hello, since I measure my glucose I feel quite frustrated with the glucometer, since I do not know what value it is real, I know that I can change the value from one finger to another, but I put the values ​​that it has given me today afterMerdle, at the time:

4 Different fingers measurements:
18:53 = 119
19:01 = 140
19:02 = 120
19:05 = 129

What value should I put the endocrine?I feel helpless, since from 140 they make me more insulin (I'm pregnant) ...

Can you help me, please?What finger is it more reliable to test?Because I have proven that in the index and the little meñique gives me less.

Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 2:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You cannot compare results, it is not reliable ... there is no better or worse finger, blood is the same.

Glukometers can vary their measurements up to 20%, so the values ​​you have put all in the legally acceptable range.
Even with the same drop of blood and at the same time, 2 strips of the same brand can differ greatly

You have to trust the glucometer, unless you see very crazy figures

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 3:10 p.m.

Thank you for answering, is it true that they say that non -diabetic people do not have these problems with glucometer since their values ​​do not vary so much?

And in theory, what usually higher the value of the glucometer or that of the laboratory?Mine is the accu-chek Aviva Nano

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 3:16 p.m.

No, glucometers may vary the same, it doesn't matter whether or not you have diabetes

Not all laboratories measure samples or all glucometers use the same technology
So we try to compare 2 different things.
Laboratory results usually are usually higher than those of the glucometer, but I insist that there are many more variables to consider.

DiabetesForo
04/08/2013 4:51 a.m.

Dulceespera do not macked your nerves and fingers that are not worth it.Check the measurements if you give you some completely out of them.A 18th after having eaten an egg with little bread or something like that, or if you are wrong and does not give you below the 70s. It is crazy but in the end you appreciate not to be continually pending the glucometer.

DiabetesForo
04/08/2013 5:04 a.m.

I tell you my experience about it:
It is very important that the hands have been washed well before with soap and are very dry (I am not calling you Guarrilla ... axis, apologize).But it is possible that in some finger there were some rest of any kind that alters the measurement.
It may vary something, indeed, from one measurement to another, even if it has been taken often, but such disparate measurements should not occur.It also proves that the glucometer has not accumulated any type of residue (blows in the slot where the strip is introduced).
And finally, it may be that the glucometer is wrong.Make a check with another.For that you take your glucometer and throw a health center, a pharmacy, etc.And you get a test with yours and then do it with the other and you can contrast for your tranquility.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2013 9:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.