Do you all get so little insulin?

Sherpa41's profile photo   04/09/2013 12:14 a.m.

Seeing people's signatures I see that other diabetics you put very little insulin as 4 novorapid/Humalog units for each meal.: Shock:

Do you eat little carbohydrates, do you exercise a lot or how do you?For a rice plate only, I have to put on 20 Humalog units and yet, if the dish does not wear vegetables and others, the sugar is triggered.For a coffee with milk and Croisant I put 14 units.And the slow insulin is fatal, 30 NPH minimal and many days I lift myself up high, and what dinner, ceno very little.I wanted to go to Lantus but seeing these values ​​the endocrine told me that I would have to click too much.
(Now 16-20-15 Humalog and 30NPH)
The only advantage is that when I get so, the Humalog instead of lasting 3 hours lasts 6 with what with her I already covered all day.

Is there anyone who has to put as much as me?Is it normal?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/09/2013 12:14 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If with that amount of insulin you are well controlled do not worry.Each one has a need for insulin.It depends not only on what you eat, as you know.Do you exercise regularly?How many rations of hydrates do you eat at each meal?
I do not pass 4 or 5 bolus units in each meal but it is that I usually eat 4 or 5 rations of hydrates, if I go out to eat away from home I need more because the meals have more fat and that affects me to glucose.
Anyway I would not worry if you have a good control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/09/2013 4:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Sherpa41,

Each one needs the amount of insulin you need.In the week of pregnancy in which I am I need a lot more than you.Today, for example, for a vegetable soup with a little bread and a yogurt I put 13.5 from Humalog.Of course, at the time I had a monumental 99, to make me the wave.At 4 hours I had to take a zumito that was 56 and without noticing the descent.To give me a pinch because I usually eat something in the meantime so that this does not happen but I fell asleep.As for the NPH 16 at night and 2 for the morning.

DiabetesForo
04/09/2013 11:59 a.m.

If with that amount of insulin you are well controlled do not worry.Each one has a need for insulin.It depends not only on what you eat, as you know.Do you exercise regularly?How many rations of hydrates do you eat at each meal?
I do not pass 4 or 5 bolus units in each meal but it is that I usually eat 4 or 5 rations of hydrates, if I go out to eat away from home I need more because the meals have more fat and that affects me to glucose.
Anyway I would not worry if you have a good control.

From the day I am fine but I already say that at night with the slow ones I do not just control it well, especially the days that I wake up late that shoots me because the effect of the slow thing happens to me quite before what I would touch.

I do not do and the day I have done something, then I have so many descents that I want to do again.I do not understand rations and bolus, I am from the old school, but I already say a crosont in the morning, in the half -racket food of rice or pasta (raw) or the equivalent in bread if I take vegetables, and a couple of slices ofPaye bread at night.But morning milk and yogurt at food and dinner.(Lacteos as enough)

I always have glygated hemoglobin between 6 and 6.5.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/09/2013 2:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I only used NPH a few months, it is a roll because you have to keep quite strict schedules because it has a considerable peak of action and as you say you have to have breakfast at the same time.I certainly prefer to use lantus or let it be based as basal and then the ultrafid for meals, that will give you greater flexibility of schedules.But you should know the diet well by rations, knowing how much insulin you need by ration, in short, to update, at first it seems difficult but then it will give you great freedom.
Anyway, you have a very good hemo, if you do not want to change your treatment, do not give greater importance to the amount you need.

DiabetesForo
04/09/2013 5:10 p.m.

Sherpa, the NPH is usually put every 12 hours, because it does not last much more and also, as Prado tells you, it has peaks that cause hypoglycemia if you do not eat at that time.
If you are putting NPH only once a day, you may miss slowly and you are compensating for the rapids.
I don't understand why endocrine does not want to move on to Lantus.You would not have to click more times, because the Lantus gets only once a day (you have to look for the time when you do better, at night or in the morning) and you can have freedom of schedules in meals, you will have much greaterstability, without almost hypos, and you will make a much more normal life.
Tell that endo to put the batteries and update the treatment ..: :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2013 6:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.