{'en': 'Nightmares at night', 'es': 'Pesadillas por las noches'} Image

Nightmares at night

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/22/2013 10:24 a.m.

Hello, I write to see if someone can help me.

From a while to this part about a month ago and something I have nightmares at night and wake up with a cry.

It happens to me once a week or so.I have seen that it can be a symptom of night hypoglycemia.

The funny thing is that I have taken the sugar when I wake up and I have it quite high about about 300.

I have commented to the endo and he told me that the high sugar is normal, because it is due to a rebound effect.

He has also agreed that he has uploaded two units the Lantus, and I don't know if he will influence hypoglycemia, but I also take two cookies or three before bedtime along with the yoghurt that he did not do before.

I've been diabetic for a long time and it had never happened to me.

Has it ever happened to you ???

The truth is that I begin to be a little worried ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 10:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What time, more or less, have they happened to you?
Put on the alarm a horita before and look to see how you are glymia ... do it to different days and with different dinners to see what happens ...

The rebound effect exists, but it has always seemed a bit exaggerated and that all, to a greater or lesser extent, we turn to that looking for a logical explanation.
The logical thing is that if you have a large hypo, enough for the nervous system to activate so much that it stimulates the liver to release glucagon (we talk about 30 or 40 glycemia) you are in such a state that you necessarily have to wake up ....And I don't think blood glucose rises so spectacularly fast from 30 to 300

Whenever I wake up at night it is either by hyperglycemia or for hypoglycemia, I notice them 2;The first because the desire to urinate are very large.
And the second for the usual reasons;sweat, hunger, nervousness ...

If you look at it from the positive side, the body warns you of an abnormal situation to activate and take measures.Better than not finding anything about anything.

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 1:37 p.m.

Then the nightmares do not think they have anything to do with the hypoglycemia ??? Well now you leave me dust ...

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 1:43 p.m.

I don't know, ... Have you never had nightmares without hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia?
I personally include hyperglycemia is caused by the stress of living the nightmare ... if it reaches as much as to wake up and shout, I see logical that the body generates the glucagon of stress ... and not so much by hypoglycemia because, in my opinion, hypoglycemia would also wake you up and before hyperglycemia came.

Do you breathe well?Nightmares could be caused by sleep apnea ...

If you carry a lot of stress during the day (for whatever causes) it can also influence ...

If you discard physical causes, you only have psychological ones.Consulting with a psychologist with experience in sleep disorders can be a good solution.Some relaxation and identify possible stressors could be worth it.

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 2:18 p.m.

Well, I only remember a couple of times before these episodes that occur month and a half ago and that has coincided with the rise in the Lantus dose, and they want then they are quite followed.That makes me think that they are related, but of course I am not a doctor ... that I know I have no breathing problems or anything similar ...

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 2:25 p.m.

What has not quadded is that the endo upload 2 lantus units and eat 2-3 cookies+1 yogurt
It seems to me that putting 2 rations of HC just before sleeping is a sign that you have a high dose of Lantus and not very tight ...
Better to eliminate that answer and not upload the lantus, right?
That they say what they say peak of glycemia, which can also be the cause of why the 2 HC units

Do what I told you before, wipe the night blood glucose at different times for 1 week ... Thus you will look for possible hypos and you will have information on how your glycemia goes at night
You need information to know what happens to you ... if you are related hypo+rebound = nightmare you will only know discovering a hypo ...

And if the subject persists, ask your endo to put a continuous meter 1 week to see if the night profile of your blood glucose is discovered ...

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 3:20 p.m.

Look at the nightmares if it can be x hypoglycemia ... you have 300 old wake up, do not put slow or quickly the opposite means that you have more insu then you need less insu x nights at my late 2 and a half years in Darce realI need anything fast for the nights and the hypoglycemiae disadvantaged ...

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
06/02/2013 8:24 p.m.

Hello I write to see if someone can help me.From a while to this part about a month ago and something I have nightmares at night and wake up with a cry.It happens to me once a week or so.I have seen that it can be a symptom of night hypoglycemia.The funny thing is that I have taken the sugar when I wake up and I have it quite high about about 300. I have commented to the endo and it has told me that the high sugar is normal, because it is due to a rebound effect.He has also agreed that he has uploaded two units the Lantus, and I don't know if he will influence hypoglycemia, but I also take two cookies or three before bedtime along with the yoghurt that he did not do before.I've been diabetic for a long time and it had never happened to me.Has it happened to you once ???The truth is that I begin to be a little worried ...

Something similar happened to me 3 months ago but then they left.

DiabetesForo
06/07/2013 3:08 p.m.

It happens to me the same when I have a climb.In case it is more than 300. sugar, I have nightmares.Instead, it does not happen with the hypos.
I think it is best to detect it, know yourself and how your body reacts to hyperglycemium and hypoglycemia and thus be able to act.Over time, I have learned that each diabetes is a world ... so the same happens to me: upload of sugar and night nightmares.

Boira's profile photo
Boira
07/07/2013 5:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.