Lantus schedule change

enriqueprados's profile photo   08/31/2015 7:09 p.m.

Hello everyone, it is the first time that I enter the forum and I would like to ask about I have changed the lantus in the morning at breakfast, in the Prubas made at night in the after dinner for 160, it continues to rise at three in the morningto 180, at five 198 and so on morning that goes up to 350 or so.Therefore, the fast does not come to take effect all night.
My question is to compensate it with a little slow at night or taree?And they overlap and produce down, I think that if it is for the day they could compensate for it with the fast
Thank you very much I wait for your answer a greeting Enrique

enriqueprados's profile photo
enriqueprados
08/31/2015 7:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@enriqueprados it seems that when you put the lantus in the morning it does not cover you 24 hours and there the hyper you have.I think it will touch you to unfold the Lantus dose and get a little at night to compensate for those climbs that give you throughout the night

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/31/2015 7:34 p.m.

It also joins a possible effect of dawn.

Some questions before when did you put the lantus?Why have they changed it in the morning?If it is because the levels uploaded the last hours of the 24 may have to prick the lantus twice a day

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2015 11:01 p.m.

Try to increase the dose to see if it lasts at 12 hours.Increase one by one unit, until you wake up well.If you increase Lantus, you will have to reduce the rapids.
If so it is not sokuced, you will have to unfold.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/31/2015 11:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am also starting to see rare measurements this last week, and I suspect that it has to be the Lantus.I continue with good control, thanks in part to the honeymoon, but it gives me that my bargain is running out.When I get up, I am between 95 and 100, before lunch, about 15:00 is when I am lower (between 70 and 80).But before dinner lately it is going up between 120 and 130, without snacking almost anything.I get 15u in Lantus after dinner, about 22:30 or 23:00.It is possible that the effect of the Lantus does not last 24 hours?I know that these values ​​between 120 and 130 are not worrisome, but it seems strange that it is so good in the rest of the controls and in the before dinner, no.If the lantus increases, there is no danger that it will reach lunch with hiccups?If with 15U I arrive at 3:00 p.m. to 70, with more Lantus I will not go down to 60?I leave it as it is?I try to climb the Lantus a unit to see what happens?

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/01/2015 11:13 p.m.

Xorxie, if you get higher to dinner, you can climb Lantus, as long as it does not cause you hypos at night.The limit is in the hypos, especially in the night.At the moment, leave it like this, that it is very good

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2015 1:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Xorxie, to get higher to lunch, eat something in the middle of the morning, very little like a couple of cookies or so

DiabetesForo
09/02/2015 7:39 a.m.

Thanks, I'm doing so.I take a coffee tazon with milk (with milk hydrates I endure better to lunch), thus between breakfast and lunch I put a more ration of HC with milk.But I see that is not enough.I will add a couple of cookies, as you say!Thank you!!

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/02/2015 3:21 p.m.

xorxie said:
Thank you, I'm doing so.I take a coffee tazon with milk (with milk hydrates I endure better to lunch), thus between breakfast and lunch I put a more ration of HC with milk.But I see that is not enough.I will add a couple of cookies, as you say!Thank you !!

Do you mean that you only take a hydrates unit that correspond to milk and hold up until 15 hours with nothing?I do not know, it seems little to me or I have understood badly or this is estimated by your endocrine.

As for mid -morning hydrates, they can be 2, 3, 4 cookies or fruit or whatever, it is a matter of trying.It will never be the same, for example if the day before I have run, the next morning I have to take more hydrates in mid -morning

DiabetesForo
09/02/2015 6:35 p.m.

No no.Breakfast a toast of large integral loaf bread (almost 60gr) with oil and tomato and coffee, which are 3 rations of HC.And in the middle of the morning, a coffee with milk, which is 1 more ration.When I leave the diet, I am almost in weight, we will increase the HC of mid -morning with a piece of fruit or cookies (in addition to milk).

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/02/2015 6:51 p.m.

xorxie said:
no, no.Breakfast a toast of large integral loaf bread (almost 60gr) with oil and tomato and coffee, which are 3 rations of HC.And in the middle of the morning, a coffee with milk, which is 1 more ration.When I leave the diet, I am almost in weight, we will increase the HC of the middle morning with a piece of fruit or cookies (in addition to milk).

Ah, I already said :-) What I could do is try and some unit take it out of breakfast and take it in mid-morning.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2015 9:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.