Can it be insulin resistance?

salva's profile photo   05/23/2013 5:54 a.m.

27 -year -old male with dependent insulin diabetics, AAA my mother when she was pregnant with me, gestational diabetes tube.

I tell you my case, I am 27 years old with glucose biochemistry index: 121mg/dl and 3 months later glucose 88mg/dl, GPT.45 J/L, "High" and now I find myhands some nights.The GP says that everything is fine, that I am neither non -prediabetic diabetic or anything "the header passes from everything and everyone"
After reading online a little, I could see that I have some symptoms between them that of the GPT that is related to glucose, the acroordones, the thirst, the cramps or numbness of the feet or hands, tiredness, often urine .... I also get mucas caries in my mouth and the dentist told me that everything could be due to prediabetes, but the header says that tooth decay and diabetes have nothing to do, "clean your mouth very well 3 times 3 timesA day, colutory, brush, dental silk, ... "I tell the header doctor to facilitate a glucometer to control myself but told me no and I don't know whether to buy one or not" are expensive and the puffff strips "
Can it be or be the case of a person with insulin resistance, or to be pre-diabetic, having high GPT, and find the acrocordones?Can the symptoms that I indicate with a type two diabetes have a relationship?

What glucometer is economic along with the "strips" and where can I buy it that they are not expensive?

Thanks for helping me

salva's profile photo
salva
05/23/2013 5:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, man, if the GPT is high I would bow more to see the liver before blood glucose.A fibroscan would not be bad, perhaps only a grade liver (Got+ high than GPT?)
But I am not a doctor, so I can't do diagnosis.

You should change your head doctor.

I don't know where you will be, but you see the health center and ask how you can change your doctor.

that I know the acroordones are not part of diabetes symptoms.

With a result of 121 in glucose, perhaps it would be good to see glycosylated hemoglobin and get an oral glucose tolerance test.
With family history of diabetes it is more likely to have diabetes ....
If you have obesity or overweight with more reason .... to control you more, for your part and for that of the doctor.

I insist, if your doctor ignores you, he does not explain enough or you are not satisfied with him/she changes doctor.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2013 8:02 a.m.

I understood that also GPT: Glutamicopirúvica transaminase.It is located mainly in the liver and its mission is the manufacture of glucose.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/23/2013 8:25 a.m.

I also forget that I had understood that when the acroordones begin to come out it can be a symptom too.People suffering from type 2 diabetes or prone to suffer from it, and those who suffer from overweight could present them;Fat softens the skin and increases the wrinkles of the body, making the body more conducive to developing acroordones., I don't know what to think.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/23/2013 8:41 a.m.

Diagnostic algorithm Insulin resistance: Link ... pdf001.pdf

But it must be a doctor who values ​​it ... not because you read that you meet all the requirements you will have a certain pathology.
Even so, it is much better to be informed and be able to go to the prepared consultation and ask the consistent questions.

Everything is very integrated and it is not easy to discriminate what is cause and what is a consequence.
You could have a type2 diabetes, a fatty liver, a metabolic syndrome or hepatitis C ... and several hundred more things.That is why it is important that a doctor, a good doctor, takes care of your problem.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2013 9:52 a.m.

I think I'm going to sure, buy a glucometer, and make the measurements, twice a day, fasting and at night after dinner (past 2 hours), what glucometer and strips are the most economical??

salva's profile photo
salva
05/23/2013 10:10 a.m.

Hi Owash, again for the forum, well I tell you, I definitely buy a green glycometer, you will think that I am a heavy ... well I do not mess and go to the data:

Yesterday I did the glycometer measureAt 5 and30 in the morning, as I was suspended, I had the test and had it in 131, and at 9 in the morning I woke up with trail symptoms (very often in me, it's like I drink liters and liters of alcohol) I remember that I amAbstemio, and perform the test again and came out in 128.

My question is, given your experience, can you give me your opinion, can it be insulin resistance or pre-diabetes, or type2 diabetes ???And with everything I comment on the head of this post, elevated GTR, acroordones, ....... What are the normal glucose ranges in a non -diabetic person before and after the entity?

Thanks to everything of all hearts for this great help forum.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/24/2013 6:24 a.m.

My opinion is that you should go to a doctor and that you diagnose you. If you have some pathology.
From the diagnosis and scheduled a treatment, we can comment on more things.

The blood glucose figures can be altered by several causes.Not only for having diabetes (in any of its modalities).

Yes, the figures you comment are slightly altered, but by themselves they are not generating a diagnosis, even if more symptoms.
Much less online and even less for someone other than a doctor.

If your GP does not give you confidence and you cannot change, you see the hospital emergencies and see your case.
It is not what should be done but otherwise you have another option, better to do this than to do nothing.

DiabetesForo
05/24/2013 8:40 a.m.

Save, glucometers can have up to 15% error.Therefore, as Owash tells you, the diagnosis can only be done with a medical glucose and glucosyl hemoglobin medical analytics.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/24/2013 6:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Confirmed diagnosis

Well colleagues, because I already have the confirmed diagnosis, given the symptoms I had and that the header did not pay attention, I decided to go to a private medical center, which I did some tests after analyzing and exposing the symptoms I had, he decidedAnd I practice the appropriate tests, which confirmed a very advanced type 2 diabetes, that of very advanced says that the safer to pass to type 1 in a short time.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/28/2013 8:18 a.m.

I forgot, forgive, with all the results and confirmation tests that the Private Medical Center facilitated, I went to the S.S.Among without consultation number, and I put a claims sheet asking them to be disabled to exercise the profession, if it is very strong, but I cannot allow it to tell me how he told me on previous occasions, that the symptoms are from the headThat I am fine and that I do not perform any proof.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/28/2013 8:23 a.m.

Have you told you that exactly?
What do you have a very advanced type 2 and may you pass to type 1?:? ::? ::? ::? ::? ::?
: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

Well, you have to put another claim ...

Let's see, you can have: type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, lada diabetes and even type1 diabetes and type 2 at the same time.
What is impossible to happen is that a type 2 diabetes "pass" to a type 1 diabetes

They are completely different diseases, it has nothing to do.
is that not even in the way of diagnosing it ...

Look at this link, explain it very well: Link ... Role/01.htm </a

DiabetesForo
05/28/2013 10:24 a.m.

... and also say that very advanced ?????????But why don't you tell us what "evidence" have been done to you and in that private center who has seen you?an endocrine? ....:-/

DiabetesForo
05/28/2013 11:16 a.m.

Well, a test was: fasting blood, then they gave me a very sweet fluid and blood every 30 minutes or so for 2 hours, ease sample and every hour for 2 hours, blood analysis with a result: about 130mg/dl.What I understood is that I must eliminate all the sugars, wash the paste, and a series of tips, of what I understand I understood, for what he told me, that the most sure thing is that I will puncture me insulin.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/30/2013 6:45 a.m.

that had to get an appointment for the internist or u endocrine.

salva's profile photo
salva
05/30/2013 6:50 a.m.

It is a glucose curve what they did to you: Link ... nea/17.htm

DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 12:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.