Foods that glycemia should not increase

joejunior's profile photo   09/02/2015 11:57 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am doing diet and the truth is that something that I don't understand has happened to me.I have eaten fish with broccoli and carrot, and at 2 hours I was high in 2 different measurements, aren't this dish supposed to raise glycemia much?I do not understand it, it has climbed me more with this dish than other days that I ate with bread or even other dishes that had more carbohydrates.But it has been with a fish dish and two vegetables when it has climbed me more, I don't understand anything.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/02/2015 11:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Carrot may have been the culprit.If it is boiled it has a very high glycemic index.It is one of the vegetables with which they say you have to be more careful.Anyway, there are things to eat them, they affect us more than others.In my case it is rice.I feel fatal to glycemia.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/03/2015 12:12 a.m.

Thanks @xorxie

I have found this online:

"Hydration and heat have the effect of the increase in the glycemic index of a food. Carrot, for example, has a glycemic index of 20 when it is raw. But as soon as its index is boiled in water, its index amounts to 50 by the effect of the effect of thejellyness of your starch. "

I do not understand very well what this means, but I understand that an index of 50 is very high.And I thought I was eating well.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/03/2015 12:16 a.m.

Hello ... read about the, Montignac diet .. Talk about the glycemic index of food among them the carrot ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/01/2016 1:06 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

@joejunior, there are times for meals to rise more or less, for many factors.That is why it is convenient to measure before and two hours after meals.
And point values ​​and insulin, to control ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/01/2016 9:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.