Postprandial blood glucose and complex carbohydrates.

joejunior's profile photo   09/05/2015 5:53 p.m.

Hello, forgive this rookie question.When they eat foods with complex carbohydrates, is it normal to have blood glucose at the 2 hours older than if you take food with simple carbohydrates?Or is it rather a matter of quantities consumed?

Thank you all!

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/05/2015 5:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends on the peak of insulin action is better or not adapts to the absorption of carbohydrates, but the quantities or portions consumed are more important.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/06/2015 12:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I imagine is bigger.To see the prepared meals it is difficult to calculate the HC, so if the calculation of HC is evil causes that it is higher and will be by amount of more consumed.Eating in a restaurant a paella and at home knowing who does it can be another.
It may be that maybe you should wear a little less insu when you eat because it may be that it comes to produce a hypo and at the time you wear a little so that it does not rise.The HC story is complicated sometimes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/06/2015 12:08 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

regina said:
depends on the peak of insulin action to adapt better or not to the absorption of carbohydrates, but the quantities or rations consumed are more important.

Exact it usually happens that rice or paste causes glycemia peaks greater than ice cream or a sugary dessert because we do not coincide the insulin peak with the time it takes to break down and absorb it.And also because in reality (rice and pasta) they carry more carbohydrates than we believe.Instead, desserts usually indicate it exactly.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/06/2015 6:02 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The singles give a very high but fast peak.The complexes its effect is extended a lot, if they are also consumed with fats, the effect can last all afternoon.If you click quickly and eat a small sweet, probably at two hours the value will be good.If you eat a rice with meat, prepare because the afternoon is usually scandal (although there are people who tolerate it better)
If I am going to eat paella or pasta or a dessert with fat what I do apart from the rapid is to upload one or two points the slow that day.It usually works for me.Ahh and a walk, because I have a serve ... :))

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/24/2015 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

It happens to me like @pochola, the rice rises a lot.In the end I have self -rejected except occasionally when my husband makes some paella.But there was no way to find the guideline and always ended up!

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/24/2015 4:19 p.m.

The very fast rice that puts me, when I finish the effect of the fast, at two hours, it starts to rise a lot.After eating rice at two hours I can be in 150, and at 4 hours 300 or more.In the end what I do is at 2 hours of eating rice, another quick prick, at least 3 or 4 units, and I control it perfectly.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/24/2015 5:44 p.m.

I have ended up renouncing rice, as @indoy I keep it for great occasions and knowing that this day will be a glycemic disaster.I have not been able to control the rice, or with fast, no walks, or Cristomarinero.The problem is that we are Valencians, and there is always rice in our family meals.Black rice, baked, paella, band ... My family is the nightmare of a diabetic.Luckily I live in Madrid and I see you less than I would like.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/27/2015 8:54 a.m.

I must be the only one to which the pasta and rice feel great because I go like a clock, especially with the pasta, nor does it peak me in the food or after 2 hours or anything, as I had not eaten, the Flat dexcom graph.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/27/2015 11:38 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I believe that as in everything depends on sport, activity, lantus, time of Lantus etc, etc, etc., you know what I mean ..
Since I gave myself the lantus at night I notice that after eating I usually raise my glucose much more than before I put it in the middle afternoon and if I have eaten rice or pasta (unless I eat 40 sad grams) because IGo up more and more ...>: P

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/27/2015 6:47 p.m.

artories said:
rice how quickly I put on, when the quick effect is running out, at two hours, it starts to climb a lot.After eating rice at two hours I can be in 150, and at 4 hours 300 or more.In the end what I do is at 2 hours of eating rice, another quick puncture, at least 3 or 4 units, and I control it perfectly.

This is a doubt that I have.He understood that the "fast" was to prevent a peak when one prepares to eat HC.But if the postprandial is high (in my case I just measured 240) Is it also recommended to lower it?

nestor_stura's profile photo
nestor_stura
11/26/2017 7:40 p.m.

artories said:
rice how quickly I put on, when the quick effect is running out, at two hours, it starts to climb a lot.After eating rice at two hours I can be in 150, and at 4 hours 300 or more.In the end what I do is at 2 hours of eating rice, another quick puncture, at least 3 or 4 units, and I control it perfectly.

For this type of meals it works to divide the dose into two parts, as you say: one part at the beginning, before eating, and another from the hour and a half / two hours, hereinafter.When counting rations for this food, it must be taken into account that we must add something more to what we initially eat, since fat will also become HC (protein fat unit concept).With insulin pump it is much easier, since programming a dual bolus, with a direct part and another 3 -hour square should cover the late glucose rise that usually brings us head with this food.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/26/2017 8:32 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.