Optimal postprandial values

joejunior's profile photo   09/05/2015 6:28 p.m.

Hello everyone, I still learn a lot thanks to you.

On the glycemia values ​​at 2 hours after food, I have read everything.There are those who say that optimals have to be less than 140 regardless of what you have eaten.But there are also people who have told me that optimal (without diabetes) would have to be similar to those you took before eating.Thus, if before eating I have for example 95, at 2 hours the optimal level has to be 90 - 100, around what I had taken before eating.

Can anyone clarify this, please?

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/05/2015 6:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The maximum value without diabetes, does not exceed 140, and for a short time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/05/2015 11:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Uffff that question is difficult because it would even depend on food.When when he debuts 28 years ago two hours after eating the optimal was 180 ha, haha, imagine.
Now I carry the Dexcom alarms the high in 140, after eating at two hours.
However, if I take Paella even if I put a mixed bolus as I like paella I know that it costs it more I wear a little more insu than the one recommended by the bomb and put a mixed bolus.
Let's see if after eating you are in 100 and you have no hypos, you have such fantastic control, but you talk about very tight figures, especially at night.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/06/2015 12:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have made a blood glucose to my girlfriend half an hour after eating pizza and a large ice cream and I had 109, so that you get an idea of ​​how good a healthy person's beta cells should work.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/06/2015 3:28 a.m.

@Artories and not just beta cells;In my case, peripheral cells fail (for the moment).With that figure at half an hour I would be hitting joy.Anyway, it is possible that blood glucose was still rising, did you make two shots -for example, at the time or so -?

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/06/2015 10:27 a.m.

At half an hour in a healthy person, blood glucose is still rising.I also did the other day a test with my brothers, healthy, after a Big Mac menu and an ice cream, and at the time one was at 96 and the other to 103. The mother who gave birth to them ...

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/06/2015 12:58 p.m.

At the time I was 98 and at two o'clock 93

I put the data of half an hour, because there is more or less when the ice cream peak.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/06/2015 1:34 p.m.

Well, the other day I zamped a Whoopper menu with orange fanta and Sandy of caramel and for doing it completely, I put on 5 u of Humalog, I started to eat with 94 and the sugar did not flinch (I have the dexcom to see it),It did not get from 106 at any time from 14:30 that I ate until 22:00 that I had dinner.
A cos that I have noticed lately, I don't know if you will have noticed it is that I get less the fantas of the Burguer King than those at home, I think that as if to reduce they do with powders and carry a lot of water and ice,sugar do not carry so much
In general, at all meals I try to adjust insulin peaks so that at no time do they peak me and if I have no more than 130.
If you eat fast things like the menu fanta because I fast as 15 'before starting and I don't go directly for it if I don't start with the hamburger (intend to always have more meat, cheese, salad to entertain theHC what bread), I am mixing with the potatoes .. and I am drinking and the sandy, as it has more cream than something else does not usually take me even if I take alone.
It is playing with food and knowing how each one burns

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/06/2015 1:54 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

To me the fried potatoes feel fatal to me it is going up last hours hahaha.I don't even look at them because I get up.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/06/2015 5:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

They pyed me thus cruientitas ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/06/2015 6:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

A question The rations of fried potatoes are counted when they are already fried?That is, 120 grs of potatoes already fried are 4 portions.Or 120 grs of potatoes are weighed in raw and then fry.Thanks, I have enough mess

pco's profile photo
pco
09/10/2016 2:04 p.m.

@pco are counted as 30gr = 1r and fried, raw and cooked counts 50gr = 1r and baked 35gr = 1r

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
09/10/2016 5:15 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

To me my endocrine told me that between 120 and until 180 the PP is fine.And the education books they gave me, 2 say up to 180 and 1 of them less than 140.
The endocrine defends what the American Diabetes Association says, or something.Because I ask you specifically for this.
I am below 120 the PP of the 2 hours and I will move a little.Almost safe hypo.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/10/2016 11:24 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Gemater Thank you very much, it is clear to me.

pco's profile photo
pco
09/11/2016 2:05 a.m.

The doctor tells me that two hours after eating should be below 150

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/11/2016 12:24 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.