Very worried - Times Absorption Hydrates

dongui19's profile photo   09/09/2015 3:19 a.m.

Hello, the truth is that I am worried, I tell you, I get the sugar down my face without eating anything, for example lunch I put my dose of insulin and wings 2 hours I have the sugar well in the values ​​but that an hour later by the faceI climb my sugar, as yesterday that passes from 140 at two hours after having eaten 240 an hour later and I can not be due and I am starting to worry a lot thinking that I can have something more apart from diabetes.It is not just once this is happening to me for a few days and even when this happens to me with fast insulin and two hours later the sugar is still incredible as if I had not put anything.Please if someone has lived something similar to comment and help me.

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/09/2015 3:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They can be several factors, that happened to me (sometimes because insulin lost its effectiveness, changed bottle and glucose levels were regularized; other times due to stress or emotional situation)

Varela's profile photo
Varela
09/09/2015 4:33 a.m.

Hello @dongui19, in addition to what @varela comments, it can also be due to the amount of proteins or fats you have ingested, think that not all hydrates are absorbed at the same speed and if you have had heavy digestions or that lengthen, thatIt also makes glucose free more slowly, being able to rise, it has often happened to me.

Do you know what you ate those days?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/09/2015 8:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@varela I'm going to try changing insulin box to see what happens because by stress or emotional situations it can't be.

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/09/2015 2:02 p.m.

@Fer then not exactly but when I spend what I have told a plate of macaroni with vegetables and sausages with cheese.But what amazes me most is that it corrects and two hours later it has the same values ​​...

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/09/2015 2:04 p.m.

When as a pasta it happens to me, it can be for that and you would also have to look at the caloric contribution of cheese sausages

donguita19 said:
@fer exactly but when I pass what I have told a plate of macaroni with vegetables and salachicas with cheese.But what amazes me most is that it corrects and two hours later it has the same values ​​...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/09/2015 3:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Dongui19, here I copy several issues that you are interested in reading, deal with food absorption times, how fats affect and how to calculate carbohydrates well.

Absorption times
Link time-de-absorcion

Calculate carbohydrates
Link
Doubts with food, insulin and times relationship ...
Link
Rations calculation
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/09/2015 5:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If together with hydrates and fat, ayy omá ... What a curve I get at three hours.That costs me much more to burn it.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/09/2015 5:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Although it is specular, it could also be for some disorder in food absorption (such as a delay of gastric emptying), have you told your doctor what happens to you?

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/09/2015 5:33 p.m.

Hello ... have you talked about counting hydrates, absorption, fat, insulin bolus for that intake ... and the basal?

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
09/09/2015 8:08 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

I had also gone there, because if at 2 hours it is when it starts to climb it is that you run out of your fast and you do not have basal

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 8:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you all for your ideas, I already discovered the fault and that is what my friend @varela told me the insulin was a bit defective, I have changed my box and the new insulin is perfect and with the good values.Thank you all for your ideas I learn a lot with you :)

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/10/2015 12:57 a.m.

If it happens again, you may need slower.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/10/2015 1:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.