{'en': 'On ketoacidosis, how to recognize it?', 'es': 'Sobre la cetoacidosis, ¿como reconocerla?'} Image

On ketoacidosis, how to recognize it?

santiago_ms's profile photo   06/02/2013 5:17 p.m.

The truth is that this issue has quite obsessed.

How can it be recognized?

I have been urinating enough for a couple of days, and at first I associated it with a possible glucose peak, but today I had it well and I still go a lot.

I also have a little fatigue, as if it cost me to breathe, and it is the same anxiety.

Thank you!!

santiago_ms's profile photo
santiago_ms
06/02/2013 5:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have more than 300 glucose and ketones (apples breath), agitated breathing, weakness .. You have to put insulin and control it or go to the hospital.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2013 6:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the pharmacy you can find some strips that with your urine will tell you AI or not Cetona, with them and the help of your doctor or educator will help you correct insulin to correct the problem.

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
06/02/2013 6:23 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Hello!!!I am quite restless ... Let's see if you can clarify some things.
I am type 1 diabetics
It is K I have woke up around 5.30 am with the feeling of having sweated a lot for the noxe.I have looked at the sugar and I was vastative but acceptable, I continued sleeping ... at the time and a half approx (time to get up) I have perceived a strange smell of me, I have decided to make a cetona test and I was 3+!!!!I have been with short controls for a few weeks (I am pregnant and my endocrine loves me short).I have had ketosis for high values ​​but never low and K if I have a hypo I notice and I correct it.It can be K had an hypo without realizing the early morning and when my body has been traced glucose alone and that is why the ketone?K When I looked I was already in normal values ​​!!!!.
I don't understand anything.
Have if you can help me please !!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
03/11/2014 7:34 a.m.

Hi @anna, acetone also appears for prolonged fasting, in your case for not taking enough carbohydrates ... the acetone test has been in urine?If so, that data would correspond to hours before making it.Look to see if you were high at that time.
I understand that having acetone is not highly recommended if you are pregnant, but I also understand that acetone with normoglycemia is not worrying either.
I would ask for a meter that measures the ketones in blood, so you can know how you are in real time ... and if the ketone bodies persist I would not hesitate to go to the doctor.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2014 7:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

At noon I have ex -urine test and I have been negative in Cetona.So I am almost convinced of the 3 first -hour crosses has been for a night hiccup K has not been treated!I have not noticed !!!I have continued sleeping..I find it strange ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
03/11/2014 10:35 a.m.

Yes, you can also have ketones for a hypo, but they disappear as soon as you go back.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2014 12:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

During pregnancy the ketone appears more frequently and it is not good.I had not been right for years and in pregnancy I recommended resuming it to avoid ketone bodies in the morning.And throughout the day, I had to look at them if I was more than 160.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/11/2014 5:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

@Anna i @ica the same thing happens to me.I am 21 weeks pregnant and one day Cetona appears in urine in the afternoon.I do not know if it is because there are missing hydrates in the afternoon or by some hiccup that I correct them and are not severe.I am a little worried about whether it affects the baby although my endocrinò and my gynecòogo do not import it if glycemia are not high.

Boira's profile photo
Boira
03/04/2015 9:32 p.m.

Hello ... I spent this weekend admitted by a 400s in 400 !!!!!!I looked at the ketonic bodies and I had 3.7, I felt my mouth, I really wanted to make my heart I was super fast and it was hard for me to breathe a lot, and I don't know where I had a very bad feeling ..

lauriii27's profile photo
lauriii27
03/04/2015 9:45 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5
bomba insulina desde enero 2015

Boira, try k the values ​​are not very high and you will get the ketones doing dozens or even eating something at dawn (always k is not for high glutemia) to make sure you do some control at dawn, you may be making hypos and you are tracing themYou alone with your reservations (this produces the ketones of the mña, if so it will go down during the day ()

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
03/05/2015 1:31 p.m.

If they are in the afternoon the same .... Snack It is not to be without eating too many hours

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
03/05/2015 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.