Adaptation time to insulin pump

FunSugarFree's profile photo   09/09/2015 12:13 p.m.

Hello,
I have always used insulin bolis and now they have proposed to put an insulin bomb.I have read a lot about your experiences with her here in the forum and I certainly want her but I don't know when I love her.The only thing that worries me is that the adaptation time is too high, since I am trying to have a stable hem for pregnancy preparations.My last Hemo was 6.9, but now I suppose it will be worse since I have changed the Lantus by Levemir and we do not find the appropriate dose.
Thanks in advance for being there!
:)

FunSugarFree's profile photo
FunSugarFree
09/09/2015 12:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That happens to me, I don't know if I love her or no, let's want to do her because I want to do sports or spend the calmer night because I am always on the edge of the hypo but of course those are the values ​​to have for apregnancy but that does not get to give you the hypo, but I have doubts because it is another pot (I have already carried the dexcom) and I do not know if I will adapt to being all day with the little hook there Moorrao

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 3:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Galaaa if you want wherever you want and you will see, we are going to make a route in Mountain Bike as you want, we do some running, and at sleep it was my main fear and it does not notice, I get hooked on the side with the clamp.
That it goes and it is a luxury to take it to me I do not take it to see it in the gym giving a class ha, haha, everything is the same.
The truth is that the first two weeks if I became a bit overwhelming but I knew that the future would be good.
A month you don't even know that you carry it, in addition to the Dexcom receiver you will no longer have to take it I no longer take it, I would have the animas, I would have to look for it to know where I put it.Think that you always carry the insu on top, when you train you can lower the basal ones, you can put micrunities.Ja, haha, I look like the commercial of the bombs Ja, ha.
Well it is also true that I don't care if they see me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/09/2015 6:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, state informing me in my hospital and in my hospi it seems that the mostly the G640 of Medtronic, of course without financing the necessary literal sensors for the guard function to work and I can not afford them, so I will have to take meIn the bag the Dexcom and the pump command that is the glucometer x the least much smaller than that of the accu chek that is the other bomb they put, it seems that in the contest the other laboratories presented better consumable offers, thanThose of the animas vibre, Medtronic has a bestial force, it seems that in my hospital the pumps by the G640 are changing to the patients.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 6:44 p.m.

@Funsugarfree I understand that for adaptation time you mean how long it takes to adjust the basal, right?
I think that varies a lot from person to person, but if you don't have a very "rebel" diabetes and your control before putting on the pump is good should not take too long.In my case I take a couple of weeks or 3 to have a control similar to the one I had with the Lantus and well, then I have yet adjusting more and my last hemo was 5.3.To get an idea, in April I was 6.5, in May I put on the bomb and in mid -July I had already dropped to 5.6.I encourage you to put it on, I am pregnant right now and the truth is that I believe that control in these circumstances is much easier with the bomb with bolis.

@Gala I have the animas vibe but surely the G640 is equally good.To have to wear one more pot in the bag is a task but hey, everything is to have better control.About adapting to carry the pump all the time, that is something that you have to try and see if you adapt.I am very happy with her but I understand that not everyone gets used.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/09/2015 7:09 p.m.

I say it for work

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 7:28 p.m.

@Gala my case is a bit special, my endocrine should think that I am a super diabetic and that I alone controlled me so I never modifies me insulin guidelines.So, I was only an hour with the educator to show me the basic and program the initial basal (basically the dose of Lantus - 20% divided for 24 hours) and I already went out with the pump connected with insulin.The following days I was adjusting the basal for sections as I saw that it was high or low.The truth is that I have to recognize that I had read enough about insulin bombs and I didn't seem to have a lot of mystery.

Now with the theme of pregnancy they take me at high risk and what I do is send them the controls every semada and they call me by phone to modify my guidelines so I don't have to lose hours of work either.Wouldn't you have option to do something like that with your endocrine?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/09/2015 7:48 p.m.

If without problems, I meet so that the story does not close me and for doing the analysis every 3 months but normally what we do if I have any problem is to call him by phone, I have even the fixed of his house (23 years with the same endocrine) And he the same when he wants me to try something like when the MCG of Medtronic have been coming out, I have tried them all, until the first one that I could not see the figures until they were not downloaded on the computer a week later (you already see, how to correct something ...?, Dexcom, or last year the free, insulinPrinciple of the bombs has offered it to me and I have always been the one that I have told him that no and with the educator I have been less time and I hardly see her, when we have changed something he has told me to take a picture of the controls andsend them by Whasup

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 8:52 p.m.

Well, great then, you will not have to miss work.I believe that with the knowledge you have and the control you have not taken too long to find the guideline, but of course, to get used to bringing the apparatus is always another question.Until you try it you will not know.I know that sometimes commercials have mock-up bombs, ask him to see.Maybe they can leave you one and so you can make probatures in the afternoon when you are at home to see how.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/09/2015 9:31 p.m.

Yes, that is not a bad idea, now I am trying with the dexcom receiver hooking it x the weirdest places, I have even thought that the winter is coming if the cable is long, putting the catheter in my thigh, carry the pumpIn the boot how I do sometimes with the mobile when I do not carry a bag, I put in vibration and ready

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 9:49 p.m.

jconegar said:
galaaa if you want wherever you want and you will see, we are going to make a route in Mountain Bike as you want, we do some running ,.

Do not take the word gala that you are lost.Jconegar only at home to eat, shower and sleep, :)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/09/2015 9:51 p.m.

I have already noticed ...
Jconegar, you have a rhythm that as you get caught, mother miíaaaaaaa .... what danger .... !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/09/2015 10:44 p.m.

@Inday thank you very much, your answer is exactly what I was looking for.Millions of really thanks!:)
And congratulations on your pregnancy, I wait for all my heart that goes great!

FunSugarFree
09/10/2015 9:43 a.m.

I advise you to continue with the bolis during pregnancy, because from 6 months the insulin needs shoot, and I do not know to what extent the pump will cover you well, and being that you carry good control with the bolis I do not think thatBe a good time to change.

By the way I control my diabetes with bolis and my we have were 5.6 even less during pregnancy, and it was not difficult for me, that yes, all day looking glycemia and injecting insulin when it is missing.But are we not injecting all day?But if looking glycemia.
And then you know more your reaction with the bolis with the bomb, I would put it after pregnancy.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/10/2015 11:23 a.m.

I advise you bomb, unlike the bolis, you can put tenths of unity and basal at 30 -minute intervals, depending on the need, so you can customize insulin needs almost 100%

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/10/2015 6:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Well, thank you very much, then your recommendations.:)

FunSugarFree
09/11/2015 9:27 a.m.

@gala @joseludi Gala I spent 7 months to get the animas vibe because they only put that of Medtronic, when I took the Dexcom I got it, they understood.Let's see gala are not in the endomondo, right?If I don't move from sofa ever never, I'm sedentary of championship, I sweat?ufff that goes !!!With how aguston it is with the air.hahaha

I really don't think you regret, although I repeat that for me the first two weeks was somewhat overwhelming, but now zero, I don't find out and if you need whatever it is.

Joseludi yesterday my first exit with a road, I also want to touch that discipline, I had the bad luck that I had not put the anti -snap bands and at the 6 km click Ja, J, J, a.I have already put the bands on two wheels.This afternoon if I can escape although I see myself that they put me at the door ha, haha, a.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2015 3:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Funsugarfree, @gala, according to @intrusa and @jconegar.We for the store and for my boy, gives talks in the health center, we have met many pregnant women with diabetes.And the socks that are better controlled those that carry pump than those that use feathers.There is also the psychological factor, it costs more to click on the gut when you are over 4 months, but for psychological issues.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
09/11/2015 9:46 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

jconegar said:
@gala @joseludi gala I spent 7 months to get the animas vibe because they only put that of Medtronic, when wearing the dexcom I got it, they understood it.Let's see gala are not in the endomondo, right?If I don't move from sofa ever never, I'm sedentary of championship, I sweat?ufff that goes !!!With how aguston it is with the air.hahaha

I really don't think you regret, although I repeat that for me the first two weeks was somewhat overwhelming, but now zero, I don't find out and if you need whatever it is.

Joseludi yesterday my first exit with a road, I also want to touch that discipline, I had the bad luck that I had not put the anti -snap bands and at the 6 km click Ja, J, J, a.I have already put the bands on two wheels.This afternoon I can escape even if I see that they put me at the door ha, haha, a.

I have already commented on your departure Jconegar.You are made a soap :-)

From here I take advantage of the fact that people are encouraged and signed up for the Endomondo team.

PS: That, that, you are in Endomondo?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/12/2015 8:47 p.m.

No, I don't walk for those parts, what do you have to do?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/12/2015 9:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.